How will you use the Green Goose stickers?

One of the most exciting upcoming tools for me at the 2011 QS Conference was the Green Goose sensor stickers - a technology that lets a user put a sticker containing a tiny accelerometer sensor and a year’s worth of battery power, on any object. One could put the sticker on the handle of a toothbrush, for example, and the motion of the toothbrush will send a message to the Green Goose base station, which then can track the activity and reward the user for brushing twice a day.

What other uses can you envision for the Green Goose stickers?

1. Put them on pill bottles and track how well you’ve followed a regime of supplements or medication; or perhaps the Green Goose base station can nudge you that the pill bottle hasn’t been touched by the time you’re supposed to take your medicine!

2. Say you must satisfy your craving for some snack. Put that snack in a box, and attach a sticker to the lid. You’ll get a graph of how many times you open that lid per day, and you can make that graph take a nosedive. :slight_smile:

3. Put stickers on your bike/skates/Rollerblade, anything you use to move around without an engine.

4. Attach one to your shower deodorant, especially if you want more friends.

… let’s grow the list!

I would put them on my kids’ toothbrushes, vitamin bottle, and shoes. And on anything that I wanted them to help me do around the house, like a vacuum cleaner or sponge. Basically make it fun for them to do all the super boring daily things they need to do, for their own health and for family harmony.

I would like to put on recycling, garbage & compost and see if over time I can improve my composting habits.

I would put a sticker on the back of my mobile phone so that it would track my activity wherever I go. I always carry my mobile phone in my pocket… walking… biking… you name it, I could get points for it! :slight_smile:

[quote]I would put a sticker on the back of my mobile phone so that it would track my activity wherever I go. I always carry my mobile phone in my pocket… walking… biking… you name it, I could get points for it! [/quote]Most mobile phone have a build in accelerator anyway. It would make more sense if that part of the tracking would happen through an app.

I would put it on the television so I knew when it was on and off.

How about sticking them on things that you must remember to take with you when you leave the house, but might forget?

We’d need some neat technology designing, but something that told me I hadn’t picked up my wallet when I went to open my front door would be handy dandy.

GreenGoose unfortunately pivoted away from accelerometer stickers towards toys at some point in 2012 or 2013, and later closed doors.