[Academic] Stress resilience with self-tracking and insights, (Everyone welcome)

Stress takes a toll on your health!

To reduce the negative effect of stress in daily life, we have built health recommender systems that give personalized recommendations for everyone, as part of my doctoral dissertation.

We hereby invite you to participate in the final study of my dissertation with our Android application called PAX, which can be installed and used for free.

With this app, you track your stress and mood and receive personalized recommendations for reducing stress and increasing coping capabilities. You also gain insights and get feedback on your stress, mood, and how to cope, and you can use many more options of the app, as well. Besides, there is a thank you raffle for several 10 Euro Amazon vouchers that will be announced on the website.

The app is in both English and German languages. To use and take part in our study, you need to install the app and have it on your device for at least two weeks, answer its questions, and give (1-5 star) ratings as you consume, find effective, like or dislike its recommendations.

For the installation link and description of the study and all its tasks, follow this link:
https://pax-web.github.io/participation/

You can also install the PAX stress resilience app directly from this link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.interactivesystems.pax

Due to the corona pandemic and social distancing, it is hard to reach out. We, therefore, would greatly appreciate it if you reshare and distribute this call and spread the word. Please feel free to ask any question or contact me via pax@interactivesystems.info

1 Like

This is very interesting, but what is the level of personalization? Like, based on what the recommendations are personalized?

I have another question as well. What if I don’t do a task, would that cause stress itself?

2 Likes

Thank you Sara for your interest. Behind the recommendations, there is an advanced recommender systems that based on your preferences, likes, and dislikes, as well as your stress and mood, personalizes its recommendations.
To the best of our knowledge, this app uses the largest stress reducing techniques and activity dataset. You can also write your own suggestions.

Everytime, the app gives you five recommendations, and you choose from those an activity to follow and you can rate those suggestions. If you don’t like a recommendation, there would be no forced activity. You only provide a feedback and the system automatically learn, and give you updated suggestions.

Please feel free to ask me any questions.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. I ended up using the app for two days now. I like it, great idea. Good luck and keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you for your interest and support. Please feel free to contact me for any questions.