Advice on Apps Combinational

Hi Guys,

Just joined the forum and loving the site so far. I have been into Personal Development for about 10 years now and thats how I really got into collecting data about my life-style (on and off) usually in excel. I realised whenever I went off-track, thats when my health and business suffered, so I am a big believer in the power of tracking important bits of data about one’s life.

I currently use very limited automated tracking using Samsung S-Health & have been serious considering buying Galaxy Gear to further enhance the tracking. I do however notice that the samsung tools dont allow any export of data for further analysis, which is a big put-off. This is one reason I have been considering Fit-Bit, although I ideally wanted to stay in the Samsung-Android Ecosystem and minimise the number of gadgets I am using. The key things I am interested in tracking are:

1. Step Count (preferably with breakdown of running/walking/stairs).
  2. Heart Rate
  3. Weight (Currently I manually enter this in S-Health every morning
    & happy to do that)
  4. Sleep & Wake-UP Times (currently manual in excel).
  5. Sleep Quality (Used “Sleep as Android” app for a while but wasnt too happy with it. Any thoughts on this app?)

Other than the above I use an excel checklist to track some of my habits such as:

1. whether I read my goals.
  2. Colas I drank (an addiction I am trying to get rid of)
  3. Other misc. stuff about my food habits & personal development rituals.

I would ideally like to really limit the number of gadgets I am using. Would appreciate some advice on the best gadget/apps combination to achieve my goal.

Thanks

Do you want a 24/7 record of your heart rate, or just during workouts, or are resting heart rate tests once or twice a day sufficient?

Hi,

24/7 Record isnt really essential, but I am keen on getting stats on my heart rate under different situations, i.e. at work, during workout, during rest etc so I can analyse the variations and the factors affecting my heart rate during the day. So I guess initially 4-5 measurements a day would be sufficient.

You could try out a new service I’ve just launched, called ‘healthstored’. From the things you’re interested in, you can track:

1. Heart Rate

2. Weight (Currently I manually enter this in S-Health every morning
    & happy to do that)

3. Sleep & Wake-UP Times (currently manual in excel).

4. Colas I drank (an addiction I am trying to get rid of)

You can track a bunch of other stuff too, which may be interesting to you. You can track exercise, but it doesn’t specifically link with wearables like fitbit.

There’s an android app available to add your records on the go, and you can export your data to your heart’s content. You can check it out here:

https://www.healthstored.com

Thanks for your time!

Thanks Daniel,

I will definitely check out the site.