I have used tracking devices on and off for years, primarily for steps, sleep and less frequently BP and HR. I love data in general and have enjoyed the process whenever i have been consistent with tracking but back in the day, the devices were just not very accurate and I see the industry has come long way and am looking back to building a more thorough system.
I was wondering, if there is a systematic course/training out there that covers the fundamentals of building your system from scratch including:
- Which key metrics to track.
- Best devices to get to track those metrics.
- Best dashboard out there (or at least a comparison of the dashboards so you can choose which works best for your goals).
I am finding there are so many gadgets, so many options and it’s pretty overwhelming, so wondering, if there is a more organized way to go through Journey. For starters, I have ordered an Oura ring which is on its way. On a different note, I would love your answers on:
- Whar are the most critical metrics you track and which device you use to track those metrics?
- What is your favourite dashboard tool and why?
My main goal is to be able to track my health & lifestyle and get alerted when I am starting to go off track, i.e. quickly become aware of patterns. I would also love to establish better links between quantitative metrics (HR, BP, etc.) and Non quantitative data points (Feeling, emotions, etc.).