We cordially invite you to submit a paper to the upcoming 2016
International Workshop on Mining of Wearable Data for HealthCare
(MWDHealth 2016), in conjunction with IEEE International Conference on
Healthcare Informatics, Chicago, Illinois, USA, October 4 – 7, 2016
Conference Website: http://mwdhealth2016.weebly.com
Submission Website: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mwdhealth2016
P.S.: Kindly forward to your colleagues or students in your institution.
CALL FOR PAPERS:
digital self-tracking technology has become more accessible to the
public in recent years with the development of connected portable
devices (such as smart phones, smart watches, smart bands, and other
personal physiological monitoring devices), human biosensors, as well as
information management systems designed for monitoring, storing and
analyzing human self-tracking data. The proliferation of such technology
has made it much easier than any time before to collect physiological
and biomarker signals, such as the electrocardiogram (ECG), oxygen
saturation (SpQ2), heart rate (HR), the electroencephalogram (EEG),
Galvanic Skin Response (GSR), blood pressure/oxygen level, body
temperature, etc. These self-tracking data can help us better understand
each individual’s health conditions by monitoring and analyzing such
data. As a result, mining wearable data has been gaining significant
attention from both industry and academia in recent years.
workshop focuses on technologies for generating, archiving, and
analyzing self-monitored data for health-related applications. The
objectives of the workshop include (1) to bring together researchers and
practitioners from both industry and academia who are actively working
in wearable technology for healthcare to present their latest research,
(2) to attract healthcare sensor developers and healthcare service
providers to discuss the challenges and opportunities in developing and
adopting cutting-edge healthcare wearable products and services, (3) to
create a community of researchers and practitioners who work in the
areas of hardware sensors, wearable/healthcare related industry, and
data mining/machine learning, that will enable the innovation for next
generation healthcare solution, and (4) to present a platform for
researchers and practitioners to report/demonstrate/discuss recent
innovations and developments.
We welcome submissions and participations from individuals working on following topics (but are not limited to):
• Accessing, Sharing, and Analyzing data from wearables
New systems or technologies for addressing challenges associated with
every aspect of mining wearable data, such as data processing,
accessing, sharing, and analysis.
- Wearable data security and privacy protection.
Applications of wearable technologies for healthcare purposes, such
as sleep monitoring, fitness exercise, mental health, etc.
- New data mining and machine learning algorithms to analyze wearable data for healthcare related topics.
Determining optimal means of using primary, secondary and correlative
data for “continuity” of individual healthcare data.
-Visual analytics and development of UI/UX technologies for wearables.
• Wearable hardware sensor technologies for healthcare
Cutting-edge biosensors to capture healthcare related signals, such
as sweat-based sensors, alcohol sensors, blood related sensors, mood
- Signal acquisition, archiving, processing for biosensors.
- Applications of biosensors to solve healthcare related challenges.
New healthcare services with wearable devices (smart phones, smart
watches, smart band, personal biometrics monitoring, etc.), such as:
Healthcare management system (app, web platform, etc) to manage data
generated from wearable devices or sensors.
- Systems or products that utilize wearable data to understand each individual for better healthcare purposes.
- Services that provide a better healthcare solution by jointly considering wearable data from multiple sources.
SUBMISSION AND REVIEW PROCESS:
• Submitted papers should present original, unpublished work. We will accept following three types of papers:
- Full research papers, up to 8 pages including references
- Short research papers, up to 4 pages including references
- Position papers, 2 pages in length presenting work in progress, or late-breaking results
• All types of paper should be in the format of IEEE Proceedings. Templates are available at http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
• Papers should be submitted at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mwdhealth2016•
Accepted research papers of registered authors will appear in the
ICHI proceedings published by IEEE and will be made available on IEEE Explore• All papers, including position papers will be included in the workshop proceedings online
• To contact MWDHealth’2016 organizers, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Submission date for papers: June 21st, 2016
• Author notification: July 8th, 2016
• Submission of camera-ready papers: July 29th, 2016
• Workshop day: October 4th, 2016
• Dr. Lei Liu, HP Labs, USA
• Dr. Pang-Ning Tan, Michigan State University, USA
• Dr. Steven J. Simske, HP Labs, USA
• Dr. Mi Zhang, Michigan State University, USA