Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria (CSU) Induced by COVID-19 Vaccine: Preliminary Observations and Self-Tracking Data

I developed CSU after getting the covid booster. Turns out others did too. I’ve started to self track several serum markers and poll a FB group I’m a part of to find patterns which I’m hoping help find a definite cause and cure.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/360095610_Chronic_Spontaneous_Urticaria_CSU_Induced_by_COVID-19_Vaccine_Preliminary_Observations_and_Self-Tracking_Data

1 Like

This is fascinating to hear. I developed chronic urticaria Jan 2020 although back then pandemic was just being recognized and vaccines were not out yet. I got both vaccines and booster on top. Unfortunately with my onset being long before, it is hard to tell if vaccines had anything to add to the longevity of it. That being said, my initial trigger was thought to be hypersensitivity reaction to dyes. Which took about 8 months to find out. After removing the triggers (determined via test) i still couldn’t reach full remission. I do remember having a full blown flare after the first vaccination and am wondering if it had anything to do with this condition not getting resolved over time. Hard to tell. Curious to see what you find in your studies especially if you can get proper publishing and peer reviews :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Who did the testing to figure out the reaction to dyes? I’d be interested in hearing more about our story.