Does time-tracking at work suggest a return to Taylorism?

1 Like

I would totally not mind living in such a society if it got really good QS-HT.

1 Like

It is true that such a society can have real advantages. But the fact that my human condition is reduced to numbers scares me a little bit. We’re living in pure Quantophrenia.

1 Like

@Sergio " “enslaving” through well-being metrics" - completely agree with this

@Lydia "Work tracking helps to be more successful and finish my work effectively and faster. " - and completely agree with this.

Time tracking in my opinion is just one tool to help your personal productivity, and I have real fears of it moving into a managerial tool as it isn’t effective because we all would react different to being tracked.

I feel productivity is such a personal thing which you yourself must manage - and should not be managed for you at a mass level.

I have been tracking every hour of every day for the last 3 years for the personal pursuit of improving productivity in terms of tracking life balance, and motivation through being accountable to myself (through seeing how short term thinking would effect long term gains), and spotting trends when I work better (creating targets for time with friends for example).

I guess a slight difference for me is that i track everything not just the working hours so I can see how that indicates Taylorism, but I think work and not-work time are so tightly tied it would be weird to not track both now, for me.

2 Likes