Goal Tracking Experiences Survey

Hello, my name is William Saunders and I am a graduate student in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Waterloo. I am currently working on a research project supervised by Dr. Edward Lank in the School of Computer Science.

This study will investigate feedback mechanisms for goal maintenance tracking systems - systems used by individuals to track personal data to help motivate them to achieve and maintain progress on goals. The study will help us to understand how individuals use self-tracking and goal tracking systems. The aim is to produce novel designs for improved feedback and visualization mechanisms for these systems, helping individuals to engage in positive behaviour change areas such as health and the environment.

If you volunteer as a participant in this study, you will be asked to fill out a survey taking 20-40 minutes, focusing on topics related to self-tracking and goal tracking, personal behaviour change, self-tracking and goal tracking systems, and personal experiences with these systems. If you choose to provide contact information, you may be invited to participate in an in-person or telephone follow-up interview at a later date.

I would like to assure you that this study has been reviewed and received ethics clearance through a University of Waterloo Research Ethics Committee. The final decision about participation is yours.

If you are interested in participating, please follow the URL to the survey web page, which includes more details including specifics of how your data will be used and kept.

Survey URL
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-zIuOTgq6fLfzn0CojnyPH_A_H2vZ8gjxvuWMpN06QQ/viewform

The survey will be open until midnight on Tuesday, December 3rd.