Hexoskin?

Hi everyone,

I’m currently a student in the Master of Biotechnology program at the University of Toronto, and my team is doing some research on Hexoskin.

The Quantified Self community often consists of the early adopters of these smart products; I’d love to hear your opinion on the biometric shirt. If you have tried it, do you think it will be widely used in the average population? If you haven’t, is there any reason why?

We’re also created a survey to gather some market data. It’d be great if you could take out a few minutes and fill it out. All information is anonymous, and will only be used for the purpose of our presentation.

You can find the survey here: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1841042/a6a0b4e73a7e

Thank you for your help!
Amarpreet

PS. If you have any questions, feel free to message me or email our team at vitatech.inc@gmail.com.

1 Like

Don’t forget to post the survey results here, too :slight_smile:

I have a Hexoskin and have been wearing it for skiing and ski/workouts. I own a lot of tracking devices, but this product just hit it out of the park. The heart and breathing metrics are fantastic. The data can easily be downloaded in a number of formats and the shirt is very comfortable.

If you want heart and breathing metrics (as well as great motion metrics) this is the one thing to buy.

This even records what positions I sleep in. Just an awesome product. I don’t think I will wear a chest strap again.m

Your survey is no longer thers

One issue I have with chest straps is that I’m not sweaty enough, so I need to apply electrode gel to get a reliable data, especially when not exercising.

I’ve heard that other shirts with built in heart rate monitoring have similar issues; is this a possible issue with the Hexoskin, too?

I have had the same problem with chest straps, especially when worn at night. So far the hexo has not missed a beat even when dry.at first I kept checking it because I am conditioned to think i always losing contact. But I have learned that the hexoskin sply doesn’t lose contact. That is what I love about it. I want it to do one thing and do it well. Chest straps fail and the hexoskin excels

Glad to hear that, I’ll be getting one next time they have a sale :slight_smile:

I have been wearing the Hexo every day now. Skiing, sleeping, weightlifting, commuting. It has not dropped data once Sometimes I get worried it will because I am used to straps. With chest straps, if they are not uncomfortable, they are probably losing the heart beat. Hexoskin is exactly the right product and design.

I have been downloading data and have written some script to call data with the API and it is truly excellent data. This is like research quality data.

The best thing is that it includes breath, volume, heart beat, cadence and g force all in one device. Skiing, this is invaluable data. i can tell whether I am belly breathing, or holding my breath during scary runs. I can see how my lungs and heart respond to stressors, and I can then delicate both breathing and heart rate in the gym. It s life changing.

And then for sleep I have all of that as well as analysis of what positions I sleep in, how many times I move when asleep and how (back to side, belly to side??). It is all right there. That I can get all of this and be comfortable and not need to worry about the connections getting lost is just remarkable.

Hats off to the engineers at Hexoskin. If I had to choose only one QS device, it would be this. They have blasted past the competition and all other designs. And they let me get my data in many different ways, which is not always the case ( yeah I am talking to YOU Basis!) Kudos gents.