Interested in tracking blood sugar -- what's the quickest way to get there?

I got a script for the Libre! I don’t have an iphone 7 but do have a new Samsung Phone. It looks like there are a couple of apps which can be used to read the data. Do they work or is it worth it to get the Libre reader?

1 Like

If you are using the new 14-day Libre sensor, I believe the data is encrypted so third-party Android apps may not be able to read the data (currently, they only offer an “official” iOS app in the US).

Worst case, you can use their NFC-based reader, which will store the sensor data every time you do a scan, and the data can be downloaded via USB to your computer.

I thought the same thing - I think people in the US tend to assume that doctors in other countries will just give out prescriptions for whatever you ask for. In places where the people fund the healthcare system (most of Europe), it can be really hard to get something you clearly don’t need.

1 Like

Awesome man; let us know how you find using it!

Actually, the Freestyle Libre requires a prescription only in the US - it can be purchased at pharmacies across Europe without a prescription. :wink: