Journalist Seeking a Personal Health Monitoring Dude/Dudette

Hey!

I’m new to QS and find this field fascinating. But this particular thread is strictly a business call.

I’m helping an author with research for his book about disruptive technology and business models and what they present to the public sector.

As an intro to a chapter on the convergence of technologies that are delivering a new customer experience, I’m currently looking for an average person who uses personal health apps and other wireless devices to deliver quality preventative healthcare, thus reducing their need for doctors visits, and lowering their overall healthcare costs.

Perhaps an avid Tonic user? I don’t know the QS landscape that well but neither will the reader.

Please let me know if you or anyone you know fits the bill. I’d love to do a short, fun (compelling) profile on someone to illustrate the power of mobile health.

It should be quick. Feel free to personal message me if you’re interested in sharing your story.

Thanks!
Nick (QS Newbie)

[quote]As an intro to a chapter on the convergence of technologies that are delivering a new customer experience, I’m currently looking for an average person who uses personal health apps and other wireless devices to deliver quality preventative healthcare, thus reducing their need for doctors visits, and lowering their overall healthcare costs. [/quote]I don’t think that a conclusion that you can draw on a case by case basis.

Especially on a timeframe of a few years you can’t really tell whether spending money on preventive health care reduces overall health costs.
In my own case the empiric evidence that I improved my health through an alternative treatment that I’m doing increased the money that I spent on healthcare