Looking for a life logging web app

Hi everyone! :slight_smile:

I’ve been tracking some variables daily for quite some time (mood, weather, productivity, exercise, sleep…), but I have been doing it on a paper journal and I’d like to switch to a web app, so I can analyze the data later, more easily. I’ve already tried Daytum and Trackthisfor.me, but wasn’t convinced… I’ve also looked around the forum but couldn’t find anything. Do have any recommendations?
Thank you! :slight_smile:

What didn’t you like about those apps?

Nomie and KeepTrack are two other options, if you are looking for a manual data logging app.

I use a google form for myself. I fill it out each day. It works.

Thanks for you responses. :slight_smile:

I don’t like Daytum or Trackthisforme because you can only use numeric data (or maybe I just couldn’t figure out how to use other types of data?), and I would like it to be more flexible. I love Nomie! I was looking for something like that, but they only have a mobile version, and I wanted a web app. But I think I’m gonna go with Nomie for now. :slight_smile:

I use AskMeEvery to track my daily data (I also run the site :slight_smile:).

AskMeEvery emails or texts my questions daily, then it automatically logs my replies. It records both numeric and text replies, and it’ll also automatically graph numeric responses. I can also download my data as csv and graph it in Numbers or Excel.

1 Like

Hi Carla,

I am really interested in self-tracking. I was hoping to design an app that would help people like you. Do you think you could take this survey? I am hoping to get started with design in early 2017 and launch beta in Spring of 2017.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2NSK7TL

connectordb.io is an option if you’re willing to host it yourself - you can add things manually or there are plugins/apps for browsers/mobile/laptop/desktop that track and record your data.

You can then run transformations against the data in the same platform and it has a full API to pull the data out again.

I’ve only just started using it, but so far it looks excellent!