Muse: a new BCI device for daily wear

HI QSers,

I’m a researcher working for a Toronto-based company called InteraXon that builds EEG-based products for the consumer market. We’re a bunch of artists, engineers, scientists, and QS enthusiasts who want to build user-friendly EEG monitors for every day use and data tracking.

We’re working on our first piece of EEG hardware right now, a 4 sensor headband we’re calling Muse. It produces bipolar readings using AFz as the reference from AF3, AF4, TP9, and TP10. We’ve just rolled out a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to raise funds for the headband’s production costs.

There are a few offerings for devs in the campaign’s perks that might especially interest folks associated with QS, including access to our prototypes and the SDK, as well as analytic that interface with Max/MSP. We’re going to bundle it with a EEG-enabled brain training application, designed to help people develop mindfulness and stress-reduction practices and track EEG data over time.

Here is a link to the Indiegogo campaign, if you’re interested in checking it out. If you want to get updates on the project, you can also sign up for our mailing list, like us on Le Facebook, or follow us on Twitter. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Jayar
InteraXon Research Team[hr]
And just for credibility’s sake, here’s a .pdf of a short paper I wrote on experience sampling tools and methodologies, as well as link to a short accompanying slideshow I put together, which also has a bit about my experience with Track Your Happiness. :cool: