Participants Wanted: Personal Data Collection and Learning Study

I am currently conducting a 6 week study on data collection and learning as part of my master’s research. I am searching for people 18 or older who are interested in collecting data (whether you’ve been doing it for awhile or are just curious!) and learning a bit about themselves in the process. Participation will consist of two short surveys and a commitment to collect data for six weeks. You may also be asked to participate in an interview with the researchers which will be audio and video recorded with your permission (entirely optional).

Here’s what you can expect as a participant in this study:

1. Complete a short (<15 minutes) survey about your current data collection habits with some general information.
  2. Participate in data collection activities over six weeks. I’ll be checking in with you at the end of each week to collect your weekly data logs for whatever data interests you.
  3. Complete a short (<15 minutes) survey about your participation in this study.

Participants who complete all parts of the study will be entered in a draw for $100CAD.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this post or email Lisa at personaldatastudy@ucalgary.ca

If you’re interested in participating, the study is available here: http://ricelab.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/helpmehelpyou/

This study has been approved by the University of Calgary Conjoint Faculties Research Ethics Board.