Pocket Clarity - Mindfulness Meditation and EEG Tracking App

Hi QS-ers,

I’m the creator of Pocket Clarity(http://www.pocketclarity.com), a mobile app that improves insight into your meditation practice by providing the advanced tracking that data-minded people want. It provides guided meditation audio alongside a variety of ways to capture data around one’s meditation practice.

Pocket Clarity does not aim to be neurofeedback in the traditional sense. A tenet of mindfulness meditation is non-striving, so not seeking to reach a certain “zone” but instead to heighten awareness as to whatever state one is in, and then if one wants to, changing it.

The app is currently compatible with NeuroSky based EEG headsets, with other sensors to be added based on demand (assuming it has an open API). The compatible headsets are available on the website.

Clarity enhances the meditation experience by tracking all of these for each session:
[list]
[]Guided meditation audio
[
]Session length
[]Self Reports
[list]
[
]Mood
[]Alertness
[/list]
[
]EEG values:
[list]
[]Relaxation
[
]Focus
[]Raw EEG
[/list]
[
]Qualitative results from journal entries (analyses coming soon, but entries already available within the app)
[list]
[]Sentiment analysis (show how positive/negative journal entries are)
[
]Word counts (what content you’re writing about over time)
[/list]
[/list]

The app has launched and is available for both iOS and Android. Order a Pocket Clarity Membership to support the project directly.

I’m excited to get feedback from the community on what other aspects of your practice you would like tracked, and how Clarity can help improve your mindfulness practice. Our goal is to make Clarity your mindfulness meditation tool of choice. So I welcome any comments, both here on the thread or privately. You can email me at charles [at] threepound.com

Thanks,
Charles
Founder of Three Pound