Research Participants - A Sociological Analysis of Quantified Self

Hello Quantified Self members,

My name is Alanna Sullivan and I am currently undertaking Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) studies at Western Sydney University, Australia.

This research seeks to position individual narratives within the context of wider social influences, and it is anticipated that this study will elicit a deeper understanding of this growing sociocultural movement and reveal the influence of wider societal processes upon the individual. You will not be asked to disclose any sensitive or identifiable personal details, your health history or your medical records. It is anticipated that the study will involve minimal discomfort for those who participate.

I am seeking participants to complete this survey questionnaire which will take about 15-20 minutes. Please click on this link (https://surveyswesternsydney.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cNPNmYAeDfGvdg9) and read the Participant Information Sheet prior to proceeding.

In recognition of participant’s time and efforts, I will be giving away a total of three prepaid Visa Gift Cards to the value of $200.00AUD each. Please enter your name and email address at the end of the survey questionnaire to become eligible for the opportunity to receive one of the three gift cards. This offer will close at 11:59pm, AEST (UTC +10) on Friday, 2nd November 2018. The video recorded draw will take place at 12pm (noon) on Wednesday 7th of November 2018, and recipients will be contacted via email.

Thank you for your time and participation.