The effect of diet on energy & focus

Enjoy your trip, Gary!

One variable that I tracked was lengh of sleep the night before. There are studies showing an up to 40% increase in hypoglycemia after a bad night’s sleep. When I had blood sugar problems (8+ years ago before getting the Bulletproof Diet figured out), I found a clear correlation between getting very little sleep and blood sugar swings after lunch the next day. I used a diabetes blood glucose monitor/finger stick thing to confirm it was blood sugar related. It was fixable by tweaking my diet, by using vanadium BEFORE the meal (after is a recipe for a crash), regular chromium supplementation, and a few other things like cinnamon extract. Perhaps you want to spend $40 on a blood glucose meter and, when you score a 3, prick your finger. The worst that could happen is that you’ll learn to fear the needle prick, unconsciously programming yourself to not feel a 3. :slight_smile:

Dave what is your opinion on oats, walnuts and cottage cheese as it comes to energy levels and cognitive function?

A friend of mine who is a lawyer said he noticed that when he was on the Atkins Diet he lost several cases per year that he would usually have won.