A comprehensive list of all bio-marker tests..does it exist?

Is there anywhere online that I can find a complete and comprehensive list of all the bio-marker tests that an individual can do…particularly the ones that would be fundamentally useful? Such a list would hopefully include all the various forms of testing such as blood, urine, hair, scans, those that can be done by ‘home self tracking’ kits and other health/fitness quantifying gizmos and those that require expensive machinery found in medical establishments etc. Does such a comprehensive list exist? If not, maybe someone could compile one.

3 Likes

InsideTracker has a list of about 30 biomarkers they include in their most comprehensive blood test. They used to have 40 biomarkers - you could search on the Wayback Machine about previous versions of the site and dig for the list.

That doesn’t include urine or anything else non-blood.

I used their service a few times and wrote a review of InsideTracker.

In the UK, these 30 can easily be obtained free of charge though the National Health Service.

However, there are so many more tests that can be very indicative of one’s health status. As an example, there are various type of tests that can measure the size of LDL particles, which is far more indicative of potential cardiovascular disease than a mere LDL measurement. Another very useful test is Hair Mineral Analysis which shows where there are various key mineral deficiencies that will one day lead to health issues. Another test is the DEXA bone scan which gives a very important view of bone density.

Clearly there are a host of tests, through a variety of bodily media, that can allow one to duly adjust diet and nutritional intake (including targeted supplementation) which will then ultimately lead to longer health and life spans.

The thing is…I myself haven’t been able to find one source that pulls the whole panoply of tests together in a co-ordinated way. That is what my question has been directed towards.

1 Like

In the US, HelathNucleus performs such comprehensive tests:

Very interesting Dan and definitely the future in terms of personalized, preventative health care. Problem is that it costs between $25,000 to $50,000 and is aimed naturally at business executives being the main type of people who can afford this kind of analysis.

I would love to see a much cheaper, all-round, collection of tests based primarily on blood, hair and urine samples that could give a general guideline for people to adjust their diet and supplementation.

Have a look at Arivale; it’s a bargain at a mere $4,000 per year :slight_smile:

In addition to doing a blood test with over 80 biomarkers every 4 months (I can post the list, if anyone is interested), they’ll sequence your genome (and microbiome, every 8 months), and have you talk to a coach (a certified nutritionist) once a month.

Hi Eric, I would appreciate seeing the list of 80 biomarkers from Arivale.

A/G ratio
Absolute Basophils Count
Absolute Eosinophils Count
Absolute Lymphocytes Count
Absolute Monocytes Count
Absolute Neutrophils Count
Absolute Total Neutrophils Count
Alanine Transaminase
Albumin
Alkaline Phosphatase
Arachidonic acid
Arachidonic acid / EPA ratio
Arsenic
Aspartate Transaminase
Basophils
Bun/Creatinine Ratio
Calcium
Carbon Dioxide
Chloride
Copper (red blood cell)
Creatinine
DHA
Direct Bilirubin
Eosinophils
EPA
Ferritin
Folate (serum)
Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase
Globulin
Glomerular Filtration Rate
Glucose
Glutathione (GSH)
HDL
HDL particle size (large)
Hematocrit
Hemoglobin
Hemoglobin A1C
High-sensitivity CRP
HOMA-IR
Homocysteine (serum)
IL-6
IL-8
Indirect Bilirubin
Insulin
Lactate Dehydrogenase
LDL
LDL medium particle number
LDL particle number
LDL Pattern (A or B)
LDL peak size
LDL small particle number
Lead
Lymphocytes
Manganese (serum)
Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin
Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration
Mean Corpuscular Volume
Mercury
Methylmalonic acid (MMA)
Monocytes
Omega 3 index
Omega-6 / Omega-3 ratio
Phosphorus
Platelet Count
Potassium
Red Blood Cell Count
Red Blood Cell Distribution Width
Segmented Neutrophils
Selenium (serum)
Sodium
TNF-Alpha
Total Bilirubin
Total cholesterol
Total Neutrophils
Total Protein
Triglyceride HDL ratio
Triglycerides
Urea
Uric Acid
Vitamin D, 25-OH
White Blood Cell Count
Zinc (red blood cell)

1 Like

Paul & Kitty have lists.

1. previously personal work at MoreLife has standard Lab Core list, as well as a list of other tests.
  2. currently “paused” Live120Plus project cultivates such a list w/ research-backed reasoning for “Monitoring of Health and Longevity Parameters”, section: 2.11