Bluetooth pulse oximeters

Hi Omer.

Thanks for reaching out. The CMS50W Test app is only available in a small number of countries at the current time. Maybe that is the reason you do not see it listed in the Google Play Store.

Please let me know which country you would like me to add it to.

Best Regards.

1 Like

I just added about 10 more countries. Google Play Store says it will take a number of hours to update. Maybe your country is in that collection.

If that doesn’t work, please feel free to let me know. Maybe country-availability is not the issue in this situation. Not sure.

Dear Albert_Braun,

Does Contec Medical Systems use their own Bluetooth profile and you contacted them to get the UID for the profile or they use the SPP profile?

I need to aquire blood pressure, SPO2, heart rate and body mass data from medical sensors via bluetooth and iHealth products was my first option but after contacting them and learning that they have their own Bluetooth profile which they will not make public, I decided to find a new company that sell bluetooth enabled medical sensors.
Thus, your answer will help alot.
Thanks in advance.

I also need to acquire blood pressure urgently - any ideas on how to do this? Can one calibrate the SpO2 data?

Thanks for your kind response. I am trying to localize your app.

Regards

I guys! I need a pulse oximeter with bluetooth that allows me to integrate it in a rehabilitation system ! For that i need to be open source, have an open bluetooth protocol or an sdk ! Does any of you know a company that sells an oximeter like this?

Thx !

Check out Nonin - they make higher-end pulse oximeters and they have a few bluetooth-enabled models. You’ll need to order a “developer kit” which will give you access to their bluetooth SDK. http://www.nonin.com/Finger-Pulse-Oximeter

2 Likes

Just wanted to open this conversation up again as it’s been a few years.

Are there any pulse oximeters on the market that have developer APIs? Specifically, a REST API where I can access the data over the internet, not via bluetooth?

I was excited to see the spO2 graph in my Fitbit app (I have a Charge3) but it looks like it only shows “variations” in spO2 levels and not the actual readings.

I did a bit of poking around on the forums and found an interesting post that said, “‎02-10-2021 09:54 - This type of data is medically regulated and not available in the SDK.”

Still, I was interested in looking at the variations over time. But I couldn’t find any documentation for the variation data being added to the web API. I looked at the raw data that I already capture from the sleep API requests and there’s no spO2 related data in there at all.

If anyone has more info on how to extract the spO2 variance data from Fitbit’s web API, please let me know and I’ll investigate and post.

I don’t believe it’s possible to pull spO2 from the web API right now. Other new measurements like HRV also aren’t available yet.

1 Like

everything from contec medical systems if you do not mind downloading data through usb.

I’ve tested Fitbit Charge 4, Garmin Vivosmart 4 vs continuous finger pulse oximeter Wellue SPO2 ring and found that wrist data is inaccurate and not useful comparing to finger…

For example, Garmin Vivosmart 4 shows some SPO2 drops during night when finger oximeter clearly shows no drops for me… Fibit Charge SPO2 also seems to be inaccurate - check out this video - this guy have sleep apnoe diagnosed, but fitbit wasnt able to detect it. Variations in SPO2 doesnt relate to absolute SPO2 levels and there is only one average SPO2 number for a whole night without detailed resolution and drops detection. Seems Fitbit not interested in giving us accurate and high-resolution SPO2 data (because wrist can’t give that data?). Wrist and finger technologies differs - wristworn devices measuring reflective light and finger devices measures light which goes through finger.

Withings Scanwatch is another wristband with SPO2 which seems to be inaccurate. Check out this video

Also i’ve checked Mike Snyders study and they used finger oximeter to check the effects of SPO2 drops during flight.

There are some other continuous SPO2 devices which i want to try, but didnt have chance:

Hypnodyne Zmax with SPO2 addon is used by scientists but very expensive (not an option for me)

Beddr - but i’m not sure about it accuracy compared to finger. There is a review from apnoe guy here

Right now i’m using Wellue SPO2 ring because finger oximetry seems to be most accurate, also it was able to detect sleep apnoe for my mom. Its FDA listed, but i cant find clinical validation study… There is review from apnoe channel on youtube and for me it comfortable to wear during night… It have CSV export and mobile app.

2 Likes

Max, would you be willing to share a sample export from the Wellue SPO2 ring? I think this could be useful for my arrhythmia project, depending on how to the data is provided.

Here is sample :+1:
O2Ring_20210620223458.csv (325.6 KB)

2 Likes

Really interesting to see this. It’s showing a value every 4 minutes. I assume this is not something that can be changed, and is an average across the 4 minutes interval. The range of values for HR is 40-114, with lots of values in the 40 range. Does that seem realistic to you based on your other measures? If this data is more or less accurate I think it could be very useful to me, as my most bothersome incidents of arrhythmias predictably produce SpO2 values of 95-96 as measured by my Choice MMD device. I would very much like to have something continuous for this.

Hi all, have any of you found a BLE pulse oximeter that has an API/SDK that can be used for real-time data access? I tried the Garmin vivosmart 4, but was not able to get real-time data from this.

try the wellue devices

It’s showing a value every 4 minutes

Every 4 seconds. Just check it again :slight_smile:

The range of values for HR is 40-114, with lots of values in the 40 range

Only 9 values of HR = 40. So only 9 of 4 secs periods for a night with about 9 hours * 3600 secs / 4 = 8100 periods with 4 secs lenght and only 9 was about 40. I have Oura ring also, correlation coefficient for 5 min average HR from SPO2 Wellue ring vs Oura ring is r=0.89, 95% CI [0.82,0.92] n=2870 periods (each period is 5 min avg HR). But i’m not sure how accurate 4 sec measurement, because dont have device with resolution less than 1 minute to compare. Also my nightly RHR in Oura ring in range of 42-47.

1 Like

I’ve compared data from Garmin Vivosmart 4 and it doesnt correlate with Wellue finger oximeter. Fitbit also (variations and nightly average). I dont think there is accurate device with accurate SPO2 measured at wrist… Wellue devices looks good, there is my another post about Garmin / Wellue / Oura / Fitbit

Minutes, seconds, what’s the big deal? :grinning:
Silly mistake on my part, now it makes sense. The SPO2 ring looks like it could be just what I need.