Reliable wearable ECG

Why are the IBIs less reliable from an SPO2 sensor than from an EKG/ECG? If the intervals are the same, then the HRV should be the same?

I understand that blood oxygen saturation is too low, they may be missed signals, but is unusual in health individuals, also there may be a high heart rate limit of 160 ppm, but since the goal is looking overall health or stress, the high heart rate situations are not particularly interesting. What am I missing?

I have a Polar H7 and I want to determine my resonance frequency breathing as described in this article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5575449/

I would appreciate help. I look for a good app or software that allows HRV monitoring with the H7 so that I can determine my RF.

Hi Karl,
HRV Logger (iOS app) works with the Polar H7. You can export the data and then clean it up for Kubios analysis. I agree with their conclusion that the HRV peaks at resonance. You can do samples at the different breathing rates to find your peak.
The HRV Logger app allows you to view the real time RR data as you are recording it. I found looking at the real time data was helpful. I don’t know if an individual’s resonance changes over time or for different conditions.
Good Luck