Tracking transition with testosterone

What I really want is to work offline; have a copy of open humans running on my pc without internet at all. And I want this to be easily available to the end user. I mean installation should be fairly easy. It does not have to work on any data but my own.

@rain8dome9 itā€™s using jupyter & other python packages ā€“ you can probably install and run those things locally on your own machine. But, well, writing and updating anything to ā€œfairly easily installā€ and run locally in various platforms is much more challenging to create, maintain, and update.

Open Humans isnā€™t a commercial product. Itā€™s a nonprofit supporting a community & platform, for folks that want to share & build projects that work with personal data, as individuals and collective projects. Itā€™s open source, the community chat is open, weā€™ve started monthly open community calls. Community is also part of governance (e.g. a third of our board seats are elected by members).

If someone wants to donate coding skills (or lots of funding, I guess!) to see more local / offline things integrated somehow, Iā€™m sure weā€™d be happy to explore that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Took me two days to install a medium complexity (server) python program but that was under unusual circumstances. How about a guide on setting up my own instance? Data never leaving the personal computer is the best security.

Thereā€™s plenty of guidance already for installing jupyter. :slight_smile: https://jupyter.org/install

The VMs provided contain a set of packages that notebooks can assume are available. A custom installation might need to add some, depending on the notebook.

Open Humans is definitely whatever people are comfortable with, people have different preferences. In the future I think weā€™d like to have more first class support for notebooks as shared objects in themselves, rather than add-ons that presume data present within accounts.

Ok that is jupyter notebooks. What about the Open Humans API?

@rain8dome9 I think this got a bit side-tracked here. Iā€™ve shared an updated notebook that has code that lets you run it on local files. (But if you have your own project youā€™re trying to do re-using something I did, maybe start a new post about thatā€¦ :slight_smile: )

Usually for LOESS that is called a confidence interval. I think this suggestion over short window could be very productive.