What's Your Fitness Tracker of Choice?

Hello guys !!!
i am using Smart Sport Fitness Tracker M2 Band By ThinkRace Technology
having to many feature in 1 tracking device .

Here is some of the features:

• Steps taken
  • Distance traveled
  • Calories burned
  • Heartrate monitor
  • Sleep tracker
  • Call & SMS reminder
  • Sedentary reminder
  • Multi-alarm
  • IP67 waterproof
  • Share exercise data on social media
  • USB wireless charging
1 Like

I use a first generation Garmin vivofit and an androidware smart watch. No optical Herat rate because that is useless. I use the Garmin for the heart rate strap, one year battery and it was cheap as dirt. Itā€™s also water resistant. I get fair sleep data from the Garmin and sometimes use sleep as android on the smart watch for better sleep data. I occasionally sleep with the strap to get accurate resting heart rate, but the strap will move at night and itā€™s not very comfy.

I have found Fitbit Blaze to be perfect for me until now. But as they, there is always a room for improvement. Like the dashboard software could be improved. It randomly stops syncing which makes me lose valuable data.

I just started using a Bellabeat Leaf. I got it because it can be used to track menstral cycles, moods, and fitness all in ine device. Have heard mixed reviews about itā€™s accuracy though.

I prefer Garmin Vivofit to FitBit Flex 2, especially because it carries more weight than the latter. Speaking of Garmin, it is, by all means, the real waterproof fitness and activity tracker if you ask me.

I love the battery life feature. It is hard to come by a product that can last 364 days without charge. The likes of FitBit Flex 2 can only last 5 days, and then the battery runs out. If you are like me, then you shouldnā€™t go for anything less than a tracker with an attractive battery life.

Then there is the Time to Move feature that astonishes me somehow. How this thing is able to track every hour of inactivity baffles me. But it is by far the best feature, in my opinion. Especially for people who shouldnā€™t be leading a sedentary life anymore.

It is also able to track my sleeping patterns, and I am able to know how much calories I eat. Moreover, it is also able to monitor heart rate.

The most interesting thing is that there is a lot of debate on time on whether to choose FitBit trackers or buy Garmin wristbands. But as I said, what makes a unique gadget that can monitor your activity depends on what you are looking for.

@ThinkRace_Technology - Can you share how often the device and App log HR and other 24/ 7 data?

Which one?
How cheap?
Water Resistant for > Sweaty workouts? Shower? Swim?

I have the vivofit 1 (just vivofit). They sell them refurbished for ~$35 if you look around. I bought the HR strap for the same amount, roughly. You can swim and track swimming with the vivofit. The HR monitor strap (soft strap premium, they have another model) is waterproof, but apparently doesnā€™t work while swimming (I only swim recreationally, not as sport/exercise). I do a lot of weight training and some HIIT training, as well as martial arts. Itā€™s awesome to see my HR jump to 170 with intense exercise or from the adrenaline rush of sparring. Thereā€™s no lag and the graph provided in the app is fun to look at after a workout. You can see the spikes with each set of exercise, and since I use a timer for my sets itā€™s very rhythmic.

Anyway, Iā€™ve noticed the subsequent Garmin vivofits are now going for about the same price or slightly more, and may be better than the one I have. If you donā€™t want remanufactured, theyā€™re all under $100.

1 Like

He, probably, is talking about Garmin. Yes, it is unbeatable when it comes to battery life. And unlike FitBit Charge 2 and FitBit Flex, it pretty much sells for cheap.

Can you please enlighten me on the significance of a GPS on an activity tracker? What good role does it really play? I havenā€™t taken the GPS part seriously of late. So, maybe I still have a lot of research to do on the topic

GPS is useful for activities like running or cycling, where you want to know distance, time per split, see where you slowed down or sped up etc. Whether the GPSr needs to be in the tracker (vs in a paired mobile device) is another questionā€¦

Well, as far for me I have been using fitness trackers quite a long time for now, and Iā€™ve came to conclusion that ā€œMisfitā€ is really suitable and very convenient for me. Iā€™ve been using it from past 6-7 months and till date hasnā€™t given me issues! :smiley:

1. It is Water resistance, so I can swim all I want
  2. It is cost-efficient
  3. Automatic activity tracker
  4. Notification support

I Love it for the best! :slight_smile: :smiley:

I use an Apple Watch with a few additional integration for self-tracking. For example, like HeartWatch (icon with your HR), AutoSleep (auto-tracks sleep at night), and Strava for GPS runs.

Compared with other devices Iā€™ve used and tried, Apple Watch 2 like other Apple products remains the most reliable. Itā€™s easy to configure, reliable hardware, plenty of ways to visualize activity and tracking, and not that difficult to get all your data off it for personal analysis. The downsize is battery life which only lasts a day really, but all you need to do is figure out a routine to plug it in once or twice a day and you should be fine.

Here is my original write-up on it for self-tracking, which largely still holds true: http://www.markwk.com/apple-watch-for-self-trackers.html

I am using Fitbit Versa so definitely I will recommend Versa watch as it can track all your workout activities along with female health tracking, sleep monitoring and heart rate monitoring. The smartwatch also looks stylish. It is one of the best Fitbit tracking device.Other than this I would like to suggest Apple Watch.

Out of curiosity - how many of you are interested in the data accuracy more than anything else?

Definitely need to know if the data is accurate enough for whatever it is I am trying to do!

1 Like

Iā€™m not using data from these devices to diagnose, rather to identify trends and assess the impact of lifestyle changes. For me - as long as the devicesā€™ inaccuracies are a) minor, and b) consistently inaccurate, itā€™s enough for my current level of analysis.

2 Likes

The Moov Now is a decent one. It has extraordinary battery life and can do all that you requested. Missing highlights are GPS and pulse. Those are just accessible on increasingly costly gadgets. Then again you could endeavor to utilize your telephone for a great deal of these errands.

That angelsensor looks cool. Too bad they shut down not long after your post. Ouch!

3DTriSport Supreme for me. It comes with many features and Iā€™ve been using it for 6 months now without any issues.