About the Apps & Tools category

Open discussion of Apps and Tools, including data access questions. Feel free start a new topic if you don’t see a recent discussion of your issue.

This is a good category for asking questions like:

-How do I view my Apple HealthKit data in a table?

-What are you using to measure heart rate?

-How do I access the data from a specific device or app?

1 Like

I would like to ask whether I can post a recruitment message in the forum?
I am a graduate student at UT Austin. We are working on a project studying information seeking and the quality of self-tracking data, so we want to interview some people who are interested in exploring issues around the long-term use of apps and associated data.

I want to gain your permission to post. Thank you!
Attached is the recruitment letter which provides more information about the research.

QS_Recruitment_Letter.docx (17.7 KB)

Hello, I am a grad student at the University of Washington, and I work on designing technology for health tracking and examining how people reflect on/make sense of their health tracking data. I am currently working on a project to understand how Generative AI technology (e.g., ChatGPT) can be leveraged to enhance personalized care & recommendations. This includes supporting people in getting actionable insights from their health tracking data & understanding their perceptions of the recommendations/responses received.

Would it be possible to make a post regarding the same on this forum? Attached is the consent form which provides more information about the research.

Please let me know if it is permissible to post about this on the forum. Thank you!
Consent_Interview_with_Data_and_ChatGPT.pdf (78.3 KB)

You may benefit from reviewing recent posts! A student from Cambridge recently prompted a similar discussion. For consent forms, as far as I know, you’ll need each individual to fill it out if you’re trying to use their replies.

If you’d like to read more on our website, the nonprofit I work at (LLIF Software Use Cases » Live Learn Innovate Foundation) is implementing AI in our health-tracking mobile app this year, among many others who currently have it in their app (Fitbit, etc).

Yes! I shared the consent form in this initial post because it also acts as an information sheet as it contains the study details. I can post this as a different/tagged post on the forum, if that helps improve the reach :slight_smile:

LIFF sounds interesting, I will take a look!

But to me they don’t have the ability to compare graphs together like metriport And it doesn’t feel even close to metriport at all in any way

I know you are very attached to Metriport specifically! Sometimes, other products have ideas about long-term growth trajectories that are important to tackle in a particular order. LLIF’s Best Life app is being worked on and growing into a tool that will make it easier to compare graphs to one another or the data within them to one another, but it does not aim to be a copycat app, so things will appear different. I hope eventually, it may be able to meet your expectations and wants!

Meanwhile, I hope to continue learning about valuable products that help the QS community and others like us. If you find any, we are all open to the plug!

I understand that things will appear differently but what I mean is if how correlations between the information can be shown similarly that would be great because of the app can do what metriport already does plus adding in specific location-based tracking allowing for like connectivity to Google’s health connect. That would be awesome. The more seamless information can go on to the app the better