Aidlab - Hyper-Accurate Wearable & Dashboard for Lifeloggers

Hello, all!

My name is Jacob, and I would love to introduce a chest strap named Aidlab, that we released a couple of months ago. I hope you don’t mind if I share a few words with you about the project :slight_smile: .

Aidlab was created to bridge the gap between simple fitness trackers and advanced medical devices. We aimed to make a very personal tracker (Aidlab learns the user’s behavior to provide meaningful feedback) and to create something open to tinkerers (we’ve developed a well-documented SDK with examples for data enthusiasts).

Here are some strengths that we and our community see in Aidlab

• It learns. We’ve used some neat machine learning techniques and basic heuristics to create a truly personal assistant . For example, Aidlab will suggest a short walk, but only if it understands you and your daily routine.
  • It’s open for developers. At local geek meetings and Hackerspaces people are creating really neat things. Some guy created a Flappy Birds clone, where the bird was controlled by the signal from the lungs (Aidlab | Breathing Sky - Android game for kids).
  • It’s open for researchers. Aidlab is widely used as a learning platform (Aidlab | Boost Your Biomedical Research) - for those who want to learn basics of data science, IoT and mobile development.
  • Aidlab is built on top of high-accuracy sensors. For almost two years, we have been testing the best biosensors on the market to provide reliable readings.
  • Aidlab supports custom, internal add-ons to optimize the vital tracking process. For example, you can decide if you want to focus on sleep, fitness, or health tracking only. This could give you higher reading accuracy, as normally we are limited by Bluetooth 4.0 bandwidth.

What Aidlab tracks:

• ECG.
  • Respiration.
  • Skin temperature.
  • Noise pollution.
  • Steps, pulse, HRV, bodyweight reps, activity, calories, sleeping behavior, and more…

Here, I am looking for an opportunity to spread the word about Aidlab, receive honest feedback, and some love :heart: .

Cheers!
Jacob

1 Like

The SDK opens up a lot of interesting applications, but will their be a web API (or integration with Apple Health and Google Fit) as well?

1 Like

@ejain Interesting that you are asking about the Web API, as we released it a couple of hours ago.

Integration with Google Fit is what we are working on now - it should be ready around November / December (we have integration with Apple Health only).

2 Likes

Hello!

I would like to reach you with a piece of news that I hope you’ll find interesting.

Since the release of Aidlab Beta, we have been focusing on improving the user interface of your personal dashboard as well as enhancing our official Android and iOS app for tracking your life parameters. However, we wanted to reach to the next level by also providing a way to utilize your data in real-time from the official API.

So I am very excited to announce that we have just released our REST API to the private beta for free. We started with Europe but more regions and plans will be added shortly. All you have to do is to message me directly at jdomaszewicz (at) aidlab.com so I can generate a unique token for you.

Lastly, if you have any feedback that you could share with us then please feel free to share it here or directly to my mailbox. It does not matter if it is good or bad, I will appreciate if you could drop me a couple of lines - I will make all I can to satisfy your needs.

All the best and stay healthy,

Jakub

3 Likes

OK, first of all: it is really impressive that you returned here three years after posting to show how much progress you have made. Most developers of hackable wearable devices, no matter how laudable their goals, post a few times, disappear into the stress of trying to make their project work, and then throw up their hands and move on to something else. I know a lot of them, and admire them, and feel bad that this kind of work is so, so difficult to sustain. Sincere congratulations on this progress. It is rare.

Second, can you show some details of how data access/export works? I looked at the web site and understand the high level points of your approach, but I didn’t see any sample data there, or details about the API.

1 Like

Gary, indeed, it requires tremendous work and a lot of tweaks to make a universal health tracker - not so many can handle obstacles when creating hardware.

Answering your question: some datasets are available here. We are also planning to give away datasets for free, collected during trials. If you’d like to be notified, then feel free to subscribe under this link.

Hi! I know this is a rather old post, but I recently came across the Aidlab and I am truly fascinated by this device. It seems to measure such a diverse range of markers and would be perfectly suited for a self-test I am currently designing that focuses on the effects of different meditation and non-sleep-deep-rest interventions. Unfortunately, I understood that the devices are sold out, and probably won’t be available again. Is this correct? Any other way I can still get a hand on one of these devices?

Thanks,
Ricardo

Hello @Ricmily. Unfortunately, due to the electronic components shortage, we are not able to deliver more Aidlabs. The good news Aidmed is fully compatible with Aidlab!

Thanks for the super swift reply. Will you be producing more in the future, is that not really in the plans at the moment?

The aidmed looks awesome, but it also a bit outside of my budget unfortunately.

Perhaps a longshot (and excuse the bluntness), but are there not any Aidlab devices left. Perhaps some that were send back by users, or damaged, or used to demo the product. Just trying my luck out here :wink:

We will! It’s all about electronic components :slight_smile:

Perhaps a longshot (and excuse the bluntness), but are there not any Aidlab devices left. Perhaps some that were send back by users, or damaged, or used to demo the product. Just trying my luck out here :wink:

Hmm, good question - may I have your email address?

r.vanmildert(at)gmail.com thanks!

Hi! Did you have time to check this by any chance :)?

Hey Ricardo, sorry for my late response. Please check your inbox.

The component shortage is going to set humankind back an exponentially increasing amount as the deficit on innovation compounds over time.

Yes it’s a sad reality

This is awesome, any plans for FDA approval? Would love to play around with the API!

We are focused on the European market now (we have the CE/ISO13485), but our ultimate goal is to get the FDA before 2025. May I know your use case?

Hello all! I have some updates on our progress to simplify quantifying our life. We have redesigned the dashboard so that it is not only limited to data collected by our sensors, but it also works with other health trackers. The new dashboard is much cleaner, more powerful, and feature-rich (exports, unlimited data deletion, beautiful trends & insights).

All of these measurements are also available through our API.

That’s actually awesome!

1 Like

Are the SPo2 and coughing episodes available through the python sdk ? Can’t seem to find those