Anki Decks

Anki is a great way to learn new knowledge. Use of Anki came up facebook Quantified Self group.

Is there anyone who has an Anki deck with specific quantified self / health knowledge that he would be willing to share?

In case nobody already has a deck, what should such a deck include?
Maybe we should start some kind of collaborative Anki deck to teach people Quantified Self knowledge?

Nick Winter also gave a presentation of Anki at the Conference in May. I’ll move this thread to the Learning & Cognition forum, which he moderates.

I think using Anki to memorize QS-related associations would be a good idea, especially if we had some readily-available knowledge to distill into Anki format.

I’m using Anki for a lot of things, but all my QS- and health-related stuff is in my grab-bag disorganized deck.

I recently got my hands on a short PDF with some great advice on how to design experiments. It would be pretty swell for converting into an Anki deck. I’ll ask the author if I can share it.

I would love to study some health decks. It’s easy to create decks out of books as you read them, and much more valuable than just reading the book. That would be a good way to structure these Anki decks: read a relevant book, make one deck for it as you go, then share it when you are done.

Found these via devia’s blog a while back:

http://meaningandmagic.com/pages/decks

20 Rules of Formatting Knowledge

Mysterious Answers to Mysterious Questions

A Human’s Guide to Words

Nonviolent Communication

How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk

Crucial Conversations

10 Rules for Dealing with the Police

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming

Responding to Difficult Psychedelic Experiences

I’ve been studying several of those. Divia admitted to me that she went overboard making cards for her deck for “A Human’s Guide to Words” and that anyone studying should be liberal with card deletion for anything they feel they don’t need.

20 Rules of Formatting Knowledge is really nice. I learned that I have formatted some cards all wrong :wink:

Yeah, it’s a good deck. I love how Rule 9 and 10 are “Avoid sets” and “Avoid enumerations”, yet the deck starts off with a 20-question long enumeration of the rules! (I have not always found good ways around this problem either.)

1 Like