Best mobile apps to measure and track cognitive performance

Hi guys,

Not to undermine the value of Quantified Mind site (which I love and use!), but I also looked into mobile apps for tracking and measuring basic cognitive skills and abilities, and found some good ones:

http://www.measuredme.com/2012/11/one-of-the-self-tracking-projects-that-i-always-wanted-to-do-was-to-determine-the-impact-of-sleep-diet-and-exercise-regimen.html

If you know of any other apps (iOS or Android), I would love to hear your feedback!

Konstantin

1 Like

I’ll be interested to see the results of a self experiment with some of these cognitive testing mobile apps. On the surface of things, it looks like the apps you included have some good tests, but I wonder if they will give you enough trials to get much power.

I’d love to see Quantified Mind on mobile, but we haven’t quite found a way to make it work yet.

Hello Nick,

That’s a great point! I am actually working on it :slight_smile: One of the first tests will be to look at the correlations between the sleep quality/Deep+REM sleep and reaction time and focus. These have been shown to be correlated by sleep researchers. What I have for now was not enough to produce statistically significant correlations (I had about 25 nights of data, and used Spearman’s rho for robustness). I will be more than happy to share data with you, if you are interested.

I can say for sure that so far Quantified Mind is the best platform for self-assessing cognitive states. The mobile version could be a great way to monetize it.

I also was going to ask you about batches of tests available on Quantified Mind (e.g., circadian rhythms). Is there any kind of guide or some intro that could provide more explanation on which test to use, and how they were put together?

Konstantin

I actually don’t like doing data analysis very much. I have a ton of Zeo data that could be paired with a ton of QM scores, but I haven’t analyzed them yet. If you want to play with any correlations in my data, I can send those over to you.

All we’ve got discussing particular tests is on the Science page: http://www.quantified-mind.com/science

We don’t have anything about the particular batteries other than their brief descriptions and the lists of tests that are in them. Basically, you should figure out how long you want the test battery to be, and then pick a battery that’s about that long and has a focus on the cognitive areas you’re interested in.