BodyMedia API - Anyone have an active key/application?

[font=Arial]Or know of an application I can use to access/ export my BodyMedia data?[/font]

[font=Arial]I realize that the API is retired but the developer page still says:[/font]

[font=Arial] "[size=small]Developers actively using the BodyMedia FIT API will continue to receive support and existing access is not being affected."[/size][/font]

[size=small][font=Arial]I have an old application registered under my developer account that I haven’t used in a year or so. The application details page says the key is still active, but when I try to use it I get:[/font][/size]
[size=xx-small][font=monospace] [/font][/size]
[font=‘Source Sans Pro’, sans-serif][size=x-small][font=monospace] Account Inactive
403[/font][/size]
[/font]

[font=‘Source Sans Pro’, sans-serif][size=xx-small][font=monospace] [/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial]I get the same error when I go to http://api.bodymedia.com/v2/json/util/info which is supposed to retrieve the current server version without any authenitcation.[/font]

[font=Arial]MyFitnessPal still seems to work with Bodymedia so the API still seems to be working with the “big” partners at least.[/font]

[font=Arial]Is there any chance anyone has an active application/key that works or knows of any way I can access/export my last 3+ years of data?[/font]

[font=Arial]I realize that I can export a daily summary, but I would really like to export the hour/minute level calorie burn, steps, sleep, etc…[/font]

Thank you,

Jason

You can get hour-resolution burn and step counts as well as sleep summaries on zenobase.com (from which you can export your data as cvs or json).

Thank you Eric! Zenobase worked great for exporting all my hourly sleep, steps, and calorie burn data.

I’m especially happy that it exports the start and end times for my sleep data as the built in export doesn’t provide this info and the BodyMedia fit is the best device I’ve found for passively logging when I go to bed and wake up.

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone knows of a way to export the minute level calorie burn data please let me know.

Eric, Zenobase is awesome! Working through your interface was so much easier than the initial route I took, bringing in the summaries BodyMedia exports and merging/concatenating them. (But then again, I used that as a learning project to force myself to learn JMP scripting language/JSL.) I am planning to sign up for a paid Zenobase plan to get minute by minute data in the near future. After I exported the hourly burn data I was able to make a graph which shows that this year has been my least active of the last several (which I already knew). Probably because my walking/cardio has been so minimal. It’s been a bad winter! I tried to upload a pic but it failed with this message:
[list]

[*]The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: There was a problem moving the uploaded file to its destination.
[/list]I have gotten that before. Not sure what to do to make it work.

I recently purchased a Fitbit Charge HR and am really loving it. Hoping you will support Fitbit Charge heart rate at the minute level if it becomes available. :slight_smile: I have recommended Zenobase to several people at work who have Fitbits.

Glad to hear! Zenobase will definitely support Fitbit heart rate data once it’s available.

The file upload on this forum appears to be broken. I just upload the images elsewhere and then link to them here; e.g. here’s a comparison of my calories burned on winter vs summer days:

Let me know if there’s anything specific you wanted to do, happy to help!

Hey all, adding on for anyone that still wants to export data from BodyMedia before they shut it down (1/31/2016). How to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Bkvwua_-o It’ll give you calories/minute, sleep awake|asleep/minute, and steps/hour.

Greg,
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For figuring this out. I had lost all hope of ever getting access to the minute level data.

…and for sharing and creating the video. Awesome!

You’re welcome! Glad it was helpful to people :slight_smile: