Data trackers questionnaire!

Hey guys! I was inspired by this data tracking community to create an app where users can log their hourly activities and track their life. To create the best possible experience, I need to conduct some research. Here is a link to a 1 minute google form that will help me improve my app: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdvPbk0stMyH_8WClJBuEi_z-2K-Yu69FVgawqUALaWlBalA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you all so much for your help! Let me know if you would like to keep updated with its progress!

1 Like

Hey thanks for posting and I’m glad to see people pushing for progress on making tracking better. I’d love to see how you can innovate on passive tracking… Maybe you can tie into Plaid or another $$ API so you can track my coffee drinking by looking at where my $$ goes.

In another vein, I’d love a more complete solution for tracking my computer usage in detail. Rescuetime is wonderful, but not everything. I’d also love to keep an organized log of things like my ‘active window’, keystrokes (would have to be stored locally), and maybe even mouse movements. I use ConnectorDB now, which does some of these things (but sadly only stores keystroke counts, not the actual key pressed - which has pros and cons). Selfspy.py seems ideal but it looks like development work has mostly fallen by the wayside (last commit was in 2016). Is Selfspy.py still stable-ish?
Does anybody know of alternatives to things like Selfspy.py?
-Kastan

1 Like

Thank you for your response! I will definitely consider working in passive tracking to my app

The question “How do you track your data” needs to be multi-choice. I would guess most quantifiers are using multiple tools, both apps and spreadsheet…