Does anyone have a setup for randomized user polling on smartwatches?

What I’m hoping to do is to randomly, throughout the day, be polled on stuff like:
-how alert am I?
-how happy am I and what am I doing?
-are you currently engaging in a productive activity?
And then to be able to over time stitch together a picture of various correlates. (I’m inspired in part by story 3 here)

Does anyone know of an existing way to do this on a smartwatch? Or if they were to do it, how they would go about doing so?

2 Likes

I think PACO by Bob Evans does this.

https://www.pacoapp.com/

I don’t know about the smartwatch functionality but knowing Bob there’s probably a solution for WearOS at least.

Checked it out, unfortunately I would prefer something for iOS. To that end, I’m working on an app for experience sampling methods for apple watch. I don’t really know what I’m doing though so it’s unlikely I’ll release it as a full app beyond personal use (for a while at least)

To my knowledge, the only thing that comes close is iMoodJournal, where you can report data right from Apple Watch with randomized reminders. Unfortunately it’s limited to a single numerical scale from 0-10 plus scribbling/dictating text from the watch.

iOS apps like Reporter for iPhone or Daylio allow tracking more stuff in their EMA/ESM, but don’t have any watch companions so far.

So there’s still an interesting niche open!