[Free App] Track my Life - Find out where you spend your life

Hi there,

I’m Derek and part of the QS group in Munich, Germany. I was quite annoyed by the gps tracking tools around and since I am a computer scientist I’ve just written my own one.

In opposite to the other GPS tracker tools, it aggregates your data and answers questions like “How much time do I spend at work?”, “How much time do I spend at home?” and “How much time do I spend on my way to work?”.

It does all that completely automatically (!!!).

I would appreciate if you would give it a shot and check it out.
http://track-my-life.ceseros.de

What do you think about it?

Have a nice day :wink:
Derek

Nice one, thanks for sharing; I was actually looking for something this simple (and nice UI). Does it let me access this data in raw format somehow? Like [date; time of day; gps lat; gps long] kind of csv?

Hi Ari,

glad you like it :wink:
What platform are you using it on?

Import/Export feature is planned but not yet implemented.

Cheers
Derek

ok, would be cool to have it. I’ll let you know how it goes after a few days (that’s the least I can do for a free app, thanks again :slight_smile: ).

I have it in Android.

Alrite Ari.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Derek

Is there any way to zoom the map? I just get this tiny view of the whole world.

Also it says I’m still at work, even though I got home 3 hours ago; and it says I’ve been there 17 hours, even though I got there 10 hours ago. Please tell me it’s wrong and my boss hasn’t been using hallucinogens to trick me into working 18 hour days.

(I’m on a droid)

Hi,

you can pinch zoom the map (like ob iphone/in the webbrowser. Just put two fingers on the display and move them away from each other.

The displayed time represents how long you’ve been there in total.
Maybe you’ve been at work twice?

Thank you for the feedback!

Derek

Okay, the pinching worked, but it took a while. Thanks for the clarification on time at location. The first and last times at work are on two different days, so it must be two days worth of work.

Alrite.

Your feedback definitely encourages me to implement some kind of faq feature that clarifies such things up front.

Cheers
Derek

@all Windows Phone users: I’ve uploaded a new update that should be available next week.
I’ve resolved the following issues: https://intern.ceseros.de/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+TMLWP+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

I’m looking forward to more feedback :wink:
Derek