Garmin Vivofit Activity Tracker - Your Results?

I was intrigued by Mark Krynsky’s review of the Garmin Vivofit, and wonder if there any other users hear on the forum who can report.

Testing the Highly Regarded New Garmin Vivofit Activity Tracker by Mark Krynsky.

Thanks for sharing my post Gary. I too am interested in hearing feedback from other users on their experiences with the Vivofit. One thing I didn’t mention in my post was issues with data accuracy which is a common problem as that information varies from device to device.

After one of my hikes I noticed a pretty big discrepancy between the distance my Vivofit logged as compared to what Runkeeper had reported. I then compared a few other activities between the Vivofit vs Runkeeper data. I saw the discrepancies increase quite a bit when from tracking walks, to runs, to hikes. The differences ranged from 10-25% for each activity accordingly. So hikes reported the largest discrepancy vs. walks.

Because I didn’t record too many of these very diligently and didn’t have a large enough set of data I didn’t want to mention it in my post. In my previous roundup of testing 4 devices at the same time I mention the tracking differences and I know you and Ernesto did your own analysis comparing the Fitbit to Fuelband previously. Because of this I believe that we can use these devices to simply measure a baseline for us to use for measurement. I’m curious to hear what others have experienced with regards to distance tracking comparisons as well.