General DIY metering of fitness ("ergo test"?)

Hello.

How can I determine my fitness level as professionally as possible?

How is testing the doctor? A treadmill is present. And A simple ergometer (without magnetic brake).

A Professional test involves measurement of oxygen consumption and lactate measurement? This is probably complicated / expensive?!

Thanks…

VO2 max and lactate threshold tests cost $100-300 each…

Doctors do cardiac stress tests where they monitor your ECG for abnormalities.

“Heart rate recovery time” is a simple test that reflects your fitness level, and that you can do yourself.

100-300 Dollar for Hardware or for a single test at the doctor?
If it is to buy what is the name of the hardware for VO2 max and lactate threshold? Particularly common devices which are used cheaper to buy?

Is there a detailled “plan” for a fitness test?
A tutorial which also lists all devices. With suggestions on what you can do self. Suggestions for (used) hardware etc…

A ECG abnormality test with a set of electrodes, or only with a single heart rate monitor (with a chest belt etc.)?

Is a oxygen concentration test with light at the finger useful?

It’s $100-300 for each test. But you don’t need to see a doctor to have the test done.

Here’s a simple, low-tech way to measure your heart rate recovery time: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/cardiovascular-system-science-investigate-heart-rate-recovery-time1/

Either can work (provided your chest strap reports the cardiac waveform, and not just the heart rate). But you’ll also need a medical degree in order to interpret the cardiac waveform :slight_smile:

It’s useful if you have reduced lung function (e.g. due to asthma), or are climbing at high altitude, but not as a general measure of fitness.

The beep test.

Cheap, quick, and can be done almost anywhere.

Thanks.

I mean a description of a professional Test.
How long at which speed at the thread mill, what will I write down (or a app/software?) etc…
Then I could see, what is possible at home.

[quote]Either can work (provided your chest strap reports the cardiac waveform, and not just the heart rate). But you’ll also need a medical degree in order to interpret the cardiac waveform :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Or a BlueTooth chest strap and a app (if possible, wich app is the best?)?

If you are looking for a professional HRV analysis software, then there’s no need to look further than Biocom Technologies HRV Analysis Software.

There are numerous FREE phone app’s around that with the aid of a Heart rate monitor, can beep you through and produce an estimated VO2max figure, from completing a: Rockport, Kindle, YMCA, Queens Step test, Harvard Step test …

One of mine:

Or:
http://blog.endomondo.com/tag/fitness-test/