Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations for 24/7 Continuous Monitoring and Logging

The Mi Band 2 ($30) has a heart rate sensor, and works with Android, but I don’t know what the resolution of the data it collects is, and what data can be exported (via Google Fit).

1 Like

A new study comparing the Apple Watch, Basis Peak, Fitbit Surge, Microsoft Band, Mio Alpha 2, PulseOn, and Samsung Gear S2, with some interesting results:

• “Devices reported the lowest error for cycling and the highest for walking.”
  • “Device error was higher for males, greater body mass index, darker skin tone, and walking.”
  • “The Apple Watch achieved the lowest overall error in both [heart rate] and [energy expenditure], while the Samsung Gear S2 reported the highest.”
1 Like

@ejain - I guess I’ll give up on 24 hr monitoring. I wouldnt mind something that can “track for few hours” once activated to do so (when starting the day… esp, just waking up to working out to yoga to meditation to break fast to finally getting done with daily morning routine)

Since the accuracies are not all that great, yet and I have an iPhone, which “inexpensive” HR/ BP sensor / band etc would you recommend? I just want a low cost one to play with for starters - To even see if I use it enough to maybe go for a better thing

As per my digging around the web here’s some options, not sure how good but claim to do the 24/7 logging
1)

https://www.amazon.com/iWOWNFit-Bracelet-Bluetooth-Smartband-Wristband/dp/B01N6N2Z7C/

Mi Band 2 with 3rd party apps (Android: Mi Tools Plus and iOS - some other App - Cant remember name - here it is)
http://www.mimhr.com/

Someone mentioned Mio Fuse as well…

So any people here with any experiences with the above?

1 Like

Rather old? For you, perhaps.

Rather significant, for me - my thought on this is subjective, though.

Honor Band 4 - Experience from using for few days + Flaws & lesser features in iPhone iOS App? Your thoughts on these points - esp if diff on Android?

Having read so much about the (TruSleep & 24/7 HRM) following items I wanted to try my first Fitness Band (instead of Mi Band):

• That iPhone iOS App is crappy compared to Android and wont even give us ability to do deeper dive into the Charts.
    • I went by the reviews and assumed that iOS App will be same as Android
  • Its irritating to wear the band all day & night
    • After a point my hand/ wrist feels sticky & does not like the feel of the band, especially when resting or sleeping - so it conflicts with wanting to use it for Nap & Sleep monitoring
    • Is there a solution around this?
      • Are Mi Band or Honor Band 3 or other bands any more comfy/ skin/ wearing friendly? Or is this the same for any wrist/ hand based band/ watch tracker?

My experience of Band Features that ARE/ ARE NOT important to me and would like your feedback on my iOS experience (especially if different on Android):

• Sleep Monitoring - TruSleep
    • It wont do less than 3 hr tracking - So if you wake up or your sleep breaks into 2 naps poof!
    • Unable to Zoom into the data & charts
  • Continuous HRM 24/7 Monitoring & Logging
    • Objective of this was to have 24/7 Log (which it is collecting) and be able to Zoom into how/ when HR changes
      • Time - Activity introspection
    • So maybe at a certain time in the day doing X thing I see a spike (driving in traffic) +
      • Which would help if I could track HR + Location / GPS to see & remember what was causing HR up/ down.
  • Workout / Training HRM
    • I am not big on Running/ Cycling - I do Weight Training & Bodyweight Calisthenics
    • So I turned the “Training Mode” on from the Band (dont care about step counts)
    • I was hoping to see the HR data being logged more intensively for workouts
    • Cant see anything in the iOS App - Totally gone or never logged from Band to Phone or same Android vs iPhone issue
    • MAYBE I should just replace this with a Chest Band and another App to log & view the details?
  • Steps Activity - Dont really care
    • X
  • Data Logging / Integration of Huawei Health Data with Apple Health App / Kit (Is it more/ better in Google Health??)
    • Active Energy - ??
    • Heart Rate - Key… But not sure of its granularity and my ability to see it in a Chart
    • Height (kinda static for me)
    • Sleep Analysis - Key… But not sure of its granularity and my ability to see it in a Chart
    • Steps - Not a priority for me
    • Walking + Running Distance - Not a priority for me
    • Weight (using a 2 scales (Eufy + Yunmai) to log but not seeing it charted in Huawei Health App)

Based on the above FLAWS do you think there is a WORKAROUND or BETTER FIT of a Tracker for me?