Heart Rate Variability might be a key element of preventive medicine

In 2016 Welltory team created an app which can measure Heart Rate Variability and use this data for stress and energy management. Since that time we noticed that HRV readings and their correct analyses are able to predict if person is going to get sick or not.

As we all know, being sick is dangerous and expensive. In the US, people spend over $4.6 million on flu-related medicine annually. Generally, adults get colds 3-5 times a year.

So we decided to make an research where we identify changes in HRV indicators that would predict the risk of getting a common cold and come up with a formula that predicts the likelihood of getting sick.

For now we already have a database of HRV measurements (over 40,000 users and over 250,000 measurements) that are connected to data about people’s lifestyles. Among them we will select people who have had an ARVI, analyse regular HRV measurements and lifestyle factors 1-2 weeks before the person got sick and detect common patterns.

HRV indicators we use to track patterns.

We are happy to receive your feedback here.

There is a lot of research in this area and it’s deeply interesting. However, this particular post is problematic because the “feedback” link is to a crowdfunding site that invites financial contributions. The Welltory documentation is sparse. Normally I silently delete posts that expose QS Forum readers to pitches like this but I think the problem may be in care of communication rather than in the project itself - it’s hard to tell. So I invite readers who have used Welltory app to vouch for it - if nobody says anything I’ll remove.

Agaricus, thanks for your comment.
I am sorry for posting crowdfunding link, we have the best description there.
The main purpose of this post is feedback and comments, so I will edit it.
Here you can find Medium article about research and this is out website page with more details about method. Is it ok?

Yes, thank you.

In meditation circles, over time the ability of a person to handle stuff/ stress/ situations improves and people learn to remain calmer even if active in a situation, but not feverish - Which could/ should essentially keep their pulse and HRV lower on the whole.

Hopefully meditation doesn’t lower HRV :slight_smile: