I’m new here. Really excited to be here. I’m not a statistician and could use some help on the way to becoming a QS-er.
This is really project #1 and I’d love to attend the next QS meetup in my area with a success story!!!
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
I am trying to create a spreadsheet to track the impact of various activities on overall pain level (related to some hip and back pain I’ve been having).
I REALLY like this talk by Chris Bartley: http://quantifiedself.com/2013/12/chris-bartley-understanding-chronic-fatigue/.
I would LOVE to learn how to do that. If there’s anyone out there that would be willing to walk me through setting the spreadsheet up in Google Sheets (preferred) or Excel, I would be sooooo thankful!
Not sure if it helps, but at 3:39 in the video, Chris lists 39 variables in his test.
For me, that would look something like this:
- 1 output variable (pain level)
- Active days vs. rest days
- Mental attitude (stress levels)
- Sedentary activity (amount of time in a chair, amount of time in car driving, amount of time sleeping)
- Dietary indicators (changes to diet, including liters of water consumed)
- Activities (martial arts, swimming, weight lifting, bike riding)
- Muscles targeted for massage therapy (could be any combination of muscles in the body really)
Thanks in advance for any insight at all!!!
EDIT: Spent the last few hours reading about this stuff and trying to recreate what Chris Bartley had done in the video. Here’s what I came up with: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hqGDEL-YIgV5QnSuLmMhG8MyDvVLo6aFLh0ceQid4Ns/pubhtml
Any ideas on how I can improve it?