How to quantify myself

Hi everyone,

I am a newcomer. I am so excited to find that a lot of people using self-tracking technology and device to monitor their personal data and improve life quality, which inspires me to adopt this sort of lifestyle, too.

May I ask what kinds of personal data are you guys interested in ? Or are there any suggestions for a recruit to begin to quantify and monitor his life?

Thanks

Hi ShawnSpace,
I am a new comer as well. Although, I have been self-tracking my progress since quite a while now. I workout 5X a week and I eat healthy. My workout and eating pattern changesdrastically from summer to winter and I like to track this process on a weekly basis. These are the certain things I do myself:

MyFitnessPal App: to track my calorie intake
FitBit: to track my calorie output, workout performance, sleep quality/quantity, water intake
WiFi enabled weighing scale http://www.amazon.com/Withings-WiFi-Body-Scale-Black/dp/B002JE2PSA: it enables to track body fat and boy muscle mass on your phone. This data you can incorporate on your FitBit.

Hi pbaxi,

Thanks for your sharing ! I used to have trouble in low sleeping quality. It seems that FitBit’s products could solve this problem.

1 Like

you are right. I use fitbit myself to track how my workout affects my sleep pattern. I realized my sleep quality was much better when i did 1 hour cardio at 7-8 pm as against early in the morning.

Hi Everyone -

I am Dr. Purav Gandhi, I am a new comer as well to this forum. I recently launched a website called as www.remedysocial.com, where we do a health risk-assessment for individuals based on their personal profile, family history and current health problems and then help them do a comparison with people like themselves. I would love to get an feedback / suggestions from people on this forum on how to improve the current offering.

Best Regards,
Purav

Start with heart rate variability, which is a good metric for general state of your mental, and fysical state.

A free app to start with is for example; flowgood.