I’m interested in buying something to measure heart rate variability.
I want to use it for:
- Knowing if I’m close to overtraining (Bodybuilding)
- Knowing if I’m stressed and need rest.
- Making month long experiments and seeing if they improve HRV.
- It should also track when I go to bed, when I wake up and how long I slept. (And perhaps approximate how much time I spend in each sleep stage)
This is my criteria:
- I don’t want to pay subscription
- I would like it to be as passive as possible, while still being accurate enough to make conclusions from. I don’t like sitting with a smartphone 1 min. each morning to measure with the camera.
- It needs a public API, so I can export the data.
I’ve been considering the Oura ring or maybe something I can put under my bed, if it’s accurate enough.
Has anyone tried multiple tools for measuring HRV? Which one did you choose? And why?