Humidity and Sleep

I was reading some articles regarding improvements in sleep, when humidity is around 30%.

Did anybody experiment with this /w any wearables + dehumidifiers ?

I had a similar problem when I was living in Thailand. I couldn’t sleep there, and sleeping with the fan wasn’t an option.

My sleep is getting worsen in low humidity environment. Mostly because i wake up at night with dry nose / mouth. In Thailand i have exceptional sleep quality and quantity so i think humidity is not a problem. But it might be personal, the best way to find out is to test by yourself.

I know some people who are doing this to reduce dry mouth at night: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/17/well/live/mouth-taping-benefits-sleep.html

I’ve already worked out nasal breathing and always breath through nose with exceptions for exercise and sickness with stuffy nose.
So in my case dry nose/mouth happening in low humidity environment with nasal breathing.

How to you maintain nasal breathing at night? Do you tape?

i didnt do anything special (never used a tape or something else). When i learnt to breath through nose during daytime, after some time i noticed that i’ve started to sleep with nasal breathing for a whole night. When that doesnt happen (mostly when my nose is stuffy or environment is too dry) i’m waking up with a dry mouth and some plaque on teeth / gums. When i breath through nose for a whole night, i dont have any plaque on my teeth / gums in the morning.

has anybody used any dehumidifiers? would these things work?

I live in a high-humidity environment (East Tennessee) and find my dehumidifier very valuable in reducing the humidity in the bedroom. Changing the house fan from Auto to Low/Med for the whole house also reduces the humidity.

I don’t have the tech to measure the in-house humidity, though, and I would be interested if anyone knows of a low-cost option. I only have a slew of weather apps to get local humidity levels.

In any case, comfortable air humidity greatly affects the quality of sleep, and therefore you need to try different devices so that you sleep well. For example, I just can’t sleep without a humidifier.