I’ve been facing a number of health issues that I’d love to generate insight on. I’ve been experimenting with different apps and hardware in the last few years, but never really found a system that works for me.
As background, here is a summary of things I’d like to use data to understand:
- I have a history of anxiety and depression
- I also have ADHD which results in volatile focus and productivity. For instance, when my meds wear off, I tend to start stimulating activities (e.g. social media, youtube, etc) and abandon them rather quickly as my mind attempts to find the stimulation it craves. I’d love to be able to quantify that and track it to factors related to my diet and meds
- I am on multiple meds and supplements related to depression and ADHD, with doses and time of intake changing all the time. I would love to be able to compare the effects of different configurations on my day-to-day functioning
- I am prediabetic and I’m working actively to get out of that status. An important part of this is paying closer attention to my diet. An automated way to monitor my blood sugar in a way that works with the diet data would be life-changing for me
- Energy and mood are a problem for me. I would love to see the hourly patterns based on what I’ve eaten or the meds I’ve taken
An important requirement for me is to have a daily log that consolidates the automatically captured data with my symptoms, meds, diet, physical activity, biometrics, mood, and energy manual entries. Many of the stuff I consume daily have bounded periods of effect within the day, so I’d love to study that.
Tools that I have access to/dabbled with:
- My phone is an iPhone 12 pro
- Apple Watch series 5
- Gyroscope Pro (it’s, uh, stylish and highly opinionated. Doesn’t have custom metrics as far as I can tell)
- Exist.io (no ability to enter custom data with timestamps within the day, only as tags for a single daily entry)
I really don’t mind splurging on software or hardware for this project, as long as the data collection is relatively frictionless and sustainable and not live in silos.
What would be tremendously helpful for me if all the data entered or collected is automatically routed to a single dashboard with a daily timeline/log, and the standard periodic trends dataviz views.
Do you guys have any recommendations, ideas, suggestions, resources, etc?
Thank you in advance.