Invitation and Call for Papers for the 1st international workshop on AI and Good Mental Health

Dear QS Community,

If you are interested in good mental health, please see below for a special invitation to share and discuss your experiences, practices, and tools around designing digitally assisted systems for good mental health.

Dear All,

We’re delighted to invite you to contribute to the 1st workshop on AI and Good Mental Health, being held in conjunction with the excellent KDD.

The world is experiencing a mental health crisis that is need of immediate attention. Globally, governments, clinical institutions, and technology companies are starting to respond to this broadly escalating need. We are at the dawn of technology supporting good self-care and other-care, and there is a huge opportunity for the research, design, and deployment of AI/ML-assisted systems to improve good mental health at scale. This is an especially potent time to contribute to this conversation, given our shared global health and safety concerns.

The purpose of this workshop is to bring together industrial and academic experts and researchers and field practitioners to elucidate problems, solutions, and paths forward. We invite short papers (anywhere from 2-4 pages + citations) that speak to the topic of designing digitally assisted systems for good mental health. Some topics that the papers may cover may be found in our call for papers. Papers can be submitted here through May 25, 2020.

The workshop will be held on August 24, 2020. KDD organizers will keep us updated on whether the conference will be virtual. To facilitate connection ahead of the workshop date, we have set up a Slack channel for all potential participants (authors or otherwise), which you may join here.

Please feel free to extend this invitation to others. We look forward to your contributions and participation in our community!

Best wishes,

Ajay Chander, Fujitsu Labs of America, ajay@fujitsu.com
Martha Russell, Stanford University

Summary

This text will be hidden

Anssi Smedlund, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health

1 Like

I would not use such an app if I was not in complete control of it. Companies could easily manipulate their clients with something like this.

I sent you a DM offering my family’s data set from EventLoggers.com - roughly 15,000 daily personal events. Curious what your AI/ML people would make of it.

All the best for your workshop!