Join a Roundtable Discussion Wed. Dec 14th in San Fran

Hi. My name is Abby Margolis and I am an anthropologist and research director for a research and innovation firm called Claro Partners based in Barcelona Spain. My company has just launched a global project looking into the future of personal data, beginning with the QS conference in Amsterdam. We are now planning a research trip to San Francisco next week with a focus on the Quantified Self movement.

I’d love to meet with some QS-ers for an informal, roundtable discussion. Yes, let’s talk about devices and apps, but I am most interested in your personal experiences collecting, using, and sharing data and what your data means to you. How is your data valuable to you and others? What would you like to be able to do with your data? What is your vision for the future of data-- whose hands will your data be in?

Beer, food and provocative questions will be provided.

Please let me know in advance if you plan to come:

When: Wednesday Dec 14 at 6:30 PM
Where: Thirsty Bear Brewery http://www.thirstybear.com/
661 Howard Street (between Hawthorne and Third)

Looking forward to the conversation. Hope to see you there.
You can email me directly at abby.margolis [at] claropartners [dot] com

Hi! I’m Megan, Abby’s colleague at ClaroPartners. I met some of you at the QS 2011 Conference in Amsterdam last weekend and heard some great discussions around data collection and storage, the value of data (to the individual, commercial entities), the tension between self-quantified data and the provision of commercial services (in health, for example), privacy and transparency and “ownership of data”… It’d be good to hear more about all those topics in San Francisco!

All the best and hope everyone had a good journey back to their corner of the world!

Hmm. I haven’t quite got the flood of interest of was hoping for. Please let me know if this is a convenient location and time for everyone. We could shift to a Mountain View or Palo Alto site if that is more accessible. And feel free to contact me with any questions.