Managed Transformation

Hi QSers!

My happy surprise:
I just came across the QS website a few days ago and I am truly blown away. In 2006, after spending a couple of decades with highly self-destructive habits, I transformed myself into a happy, healthy person. I improved every significant aspect of my being and in order to do so, I had to figure out how to quantify them. Quantifying blood pressure is one thing, but quantifying ones level of compassion is a different story. It did it though, as best I could. And I used those metrics to create a full-blown transformational framework that I call T-Frame. I wrote about it in a book called, T-Frame: A Framework for Managed Transformation. I’m about to publish the book.

My offer:
One reason I’m so thrilled to find QS is that QS adherents (you) will immediately understand the quantitative aspects of T-Frame. If there is anyone on the planet that could thumb through the book and go “oh yeah, I totally get it!” it’s you folks. I would love to let a few of you read it so I can get some feedback and criticism. It would only take you an hour or two to really understand what T-Frame is all about, and in return you get… well, the book and my heartfelt appreciation :slight_smile: and most likely some good ideas that you can incorporate into your own exploits. Please let me know if you are interested in my offer.

I’m glad QS exists and I’m grateful to be here.

Peace,
Tyler

maybe you could post here a tiny quantitative piece of it? That would interest me more than the whole book.

Hi,

I think the aspects of T-Frame that would most interest QSers revolve around how the cost of transformational means are managed so that the application of change to tracked attributes can be optimized for time, money and/or effort, depending on the requirements of the user. Also, I’ve given a good deal of thought to a concept called Transformational Scope in which the amount and velocity of change the user is manifesting can be measured. Essentially, once you put an internally consistent framework and lexicon in place, you can quantify transformational intensity. Which is kind of cool. :slight_smile:

Here’s a piece from the Preface that pretty much lays out the main concepts.

Structure of the Book
The Introduction tells the story of how T-Frame came to be.

There is an Interlude, consisting of three separate parts, that helps the reader to bootstrap an initial, miniature T-Frame cycle, so that they can begin paving the way for wide-scale transformation while they are reading the rest of the book.

Chapter 1 sets the stage for the rest of the book, discussing how we can transform ourselves into happier, healthier and more functional beings. You are encouraged to investigate the source of your self-image and see how “real” it actually is. It touches on Transformational Scope, provides some initial guidance in prioritizing your own transformation and ends with a few words on adherence.

Chapter 2 covers the core T-Frame elements: Traits, Attributes and Metrics. These are the elements used in T-Frame to describe a human being in measurable terms. Of course, not all aspects of a human can be measured, but you may be surprised at the extent to which we can quantify our own being. This chapter also introduces the concept of the Cross-Trait Attribute.

Chapter 3 discusses short-term and long-term goals, assessment and evaluation, prioritization, timing and rewards. It introduces the H-Scale, a tool that can be used to measure happiness.

Chapter 4 presents Means, which are used to move aspects of being from current states towards target states (goals). It introduces the idea of mFactors and grants you freedom to explore and enjoy your change process. After some discussion on the appropriateness of means, a brief catalog of means commonly used to improve aspects of being follows.

Chapter 5 lays out a complete sample T-Frame plan and progresses it through three cycles, comprising one series.

Chapter 6 is optional. If you are prone to analytical thinking and don’t fear a little light math, then you’ll love this chapter. If not, you can skip it. However, the content in this chapter wraps all of the aspects of T-Frame up into a coherent model that can be concisely described, analyzed and, most importantly, optimized.

Peace,
Tyler

I’m curious to read it! :slight_smile:

Since you asked for feedback, this outline makes the book seem unattractive. The lack of stories and data and examples make the whole thing appear untested.

Hi Seth,

Do you mean that I should have stories, data and examples in the outline or that I should more strongly emphasize where those can be found within the book? Or am I missing your point completely?

Thanks,
Tyler

You should make clear where they can be found within the book. To get me interested, you need to provide examples with data. Not in an outline – they won’t fit there – somewhere else.