Meal Planner and Calorie Counter

I realize that my question has some parts of it that are not completely “QS”, but I figured this would be the best place to get an answer to my burning question.

My wife and I have been using a meal planner (plan to eat) for 2 years now and have tried multiple others (paprika, meal planner pro, etc), but my biggest problem is that I (personally) also want to do calorie counter/macronutrient tracking. All of the current calorie counter apps that I’ve tried (MFP, LoseIt, NetDiary, etc), don’t allow for good meal planning (i.e. shopping lists, adding personal recipes, etc.) and honestly are horrible because if you do plan meals, you have to enter everything in two apps. There’s some apps that let you use a meal plan that they create (not what I want) and track calories (eatthismuch). I have been considering using Menuplanner, but the reviews scare me away. I have a wife and 3 kids so meal planning is critical for the food budget, but I’m also hoping for a simpler way to plan meals and track nutrition (other things like pantry inventory, shopping lists, etc aren’t as important).

So my question is does anyone know of a great meal planning/calorie counting app? Or even two that could work together because they have public APIs (I’m technical enough that I could build some simple middleware between the two)? Or even better, does anyone have enough experience with food tracking and meal planning with Menuplanner that they would recommend it?

1 Like

I highly recommend KetoDiet App. This app is designed for those who want to follow a ketogenic or Paleo diet however it can be used by anyone. The designer is a good cook and her recipes are fun, but you can enter your own recipes, meals and ingredients to the database. The app has in app purchases for recipes, but there is no need to purchase those. You can find it at: ketodietapp.com
The app automatically connects to Martina’s blog within the app and she offers many free recipes that you can add to your app. The app measures calories and macronutrients and keeps you updated as you add meals throughout the day.

Greetings! I have been using keto diet for quite some time now, and I am satisfied with the results. Since it involves a low carb intake, and I love candies, this was very hard for me in the beginning. Personally, I don’t like radical changes in nutrition, but keto diet really makes sense. I wanted to be sure I am doing everything properly and followed my daily recommended calories intake, by using keto calculator . This program calculates the amount of calories you should consume, based on the data you provide - gender, weight, age, activity level, etc. It is really helpful for me, hope it will also be for you. :slight_smile:

I also agree that the nutrition app is very convenient. It improves the level of our health. Cleveroad gives information about development diet app.