Microsoft Health Dashboard shutting down 5/31/2019

link to End of support page

So, they’re ending support, but are allowing you to export your data. which is good news. It seems like it’s just daily summaries though. I don’t know about you guys, but I’d really like to squeeze every teeny tiny specific bit of data I can from their servers before it’s too late. I had both the original Microsoft Band as well as Microsoft Band 2, so it’s not just steps; there’s anything from heart rate to sleep to flights of stairs to UV exposure that was tracked.

I’d like to get intra-day info, so I pull my own results of things like how many steps I took at certain hours of the day & which hours of the night was I most likely to sleep well, etc.

At this link it says you can contact them about getting raw data. I just did & they said they’d report back to me within 72 hours in regards to that. My concerns are if I don’t hear back from them or they’re not able to help me or are going to ask for money, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a service to sync to before they pull the plug? Maybe something that will show us more than what the exported CSV/XLSX files will.

1 Like

When I integrated Microsoft Health with Zenobase a few years ago, I ran into the same problem that only a subset of the data was available… Please post an update if you hear back from them!

@PigsCanFly2day Did you hear back?

Hey, guys! Yes, they emailed me a day or two later with a link to a zipped folder which contained much more data.

It tells me my hourly summaries, so for any given hour I can see how many steps I took & what my average heart rate & highest/lowest heart rates were.

Also looks like it gives me a pretty good summary of sleep, basically breaking down how many seconds were light sleep, deep sleep, light sleep again, awake, etc.

It’s pretty much the stuff you’d have been able to find on the Microsoft Health Dashboard, but it’s definitely nice to have exported, especially now that it’s been shut down.

I gotta admit, I’d still like more detailed info if I can get it. Having a full reading of my heart rate, including HRV & RR intervals would have been amazing, as well as a breakdown of every step taken down the minute & second, but what they sent me is still much better than just the daily summaries I’d have otherwise.

I emailed them back about getting that level of raw data, but it’s been several days & I haven’t heard back, so I’m not very optimistic.

3 Likes