Mindfulness Meditation?

I saw a pdoc not too long ago. The thing I liked about this doc was that she was in a medical center that promoted alternative types of medication/therapy. The doc recommended that I read the book “Calming Your Anxious Mind”. It’s been a good read so far. Has anyone else used mindfulness medication as a tool to deal with social anxiety? Has it been effective for you?

I took an 8week course at the local Buddhist centre. I found it helped quite a lot. Not just the meditation but also it also worked on thinking patterns, negative thoughts etc. And different ways of approaching thinking all in a very non judgemental way.guided meditation

Earlier this year I went to a 10-day silent meditation retreat to learn Vipassana (insight) meditation. I had been meditating for close to a year prior to going but the retreat was great because the meditation technique progresses each day and you leave the retreat with the tools to integrate the teachings into your everyday life. Not to mention the retreat is totally free with participants being able to make an optional donation at the end if they want to pay it forward so others can learn.

Overall, the retreat had a profound impact on my life. I’d also highly recommend serving/volunteering at the course.

Steve, will you include a link or other reference that we can use to find out more about the retreat you recommend?

Oops, totally meant to:

www.dhamma.org is the parent site for the Vipassana retreats. From there you’ll be able to drill down to the Vipassana center closest to you. There are 100s of centers around the world so there’s a good chance you’ll find one nearby.

I’ll be happy to answer any questions about the experience! PM me or post below.

Yeah, I’m reading that book and seriously it is worth it. I’m reading the book for my SAT prep as it help to keep my mind and soul in peace.

Mindfulness worked perfectly in defeating my severe anxiety and GAD. It’s actually just learning how to breathe and staying calm - everything changed for me. I used an app called Aura health and various Youtube channels as well as tremendous blogs on the topic.