Misfit Shine: an elegant, wireless activity tracker

Hey QS world,

Meet the Misfit Shine, an elegant, all-metal wireless physical activity tracker - sync with your smartphone just by placing it on the screen. It’s gorgeous. Tap it and a halo of lights appear to tell you how you’re tracking to your personal daily activity goal. It’s tiny so you can wear it on your shirt, bra, pants, wherever. Killer app coming too. We’ve reserved 500 units at $49 (retail: $99) for friends, family and of course quantified self folks here:

http://www.misfitwearables.com/friends

My name is Hadi and was fortunate to meet some of you at #QS2012 Stanford - so much fun! Hope you guys like the product and please feel free to reach out for me with any questions.

Cheers,
Hadi the Misfit
hadi@misfitwearables.com

What’s the advantage over other stepcounters like the fitbit?

Hey Christian,

Thanks for asking! The Misfit Shine is the only activity tracker that can measure running, cycling & swimming. We also designed it to be highly wearable, so it has an elegant all-metal design that many people have said they would wear even it didn’t measure anything. It’s goal-driven, so instead of having a display showing how many steps you’ve taken, just tap the device and a halo of lights shows the progress towards your goal. Finally it uses a new type of wireless technology so that you simply have to place the device on your smart phone and the data syncs.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Cheers,
Hadi the Misfit

[quote]Thanks for asking! The Misfit Shine is the only activity tracker that can measure running, cycling & swimming.[/quote]How exactly does it get information about cycling? I don’t see how a little sensor that doesn’t seem to need skin contact can distinguish between moped driving and cycling.