Need app to track time spent home

I have been thinking it would be good for me to passively track the amount of time I actually spend at home with my Android phone GPS or alternatively when my phone is in range of my home WiFi network.

Essentially I would just like it to log the number of hours I spend home each day. I feel this is a good metric for my wellness because the more time I spend away from home I tend to drive more and spend more on on eating out. I tend to keep my phone on 24/7 but it would be nice if had maybe a 15 minute precision on my time spent home.

Just wondering if there are any off the shelf things already before I try coding something myself. I don’t know much about the Automate app for Android but creating a “flow” in that might work.

Actually this might work for me, but hopefully it won’t drain my battery too much:

Actually there’s an IFTTT task for it… Cool!

The Moves app would be another option.

1 Like

There are some Android apps that track the amount of time connected to a particular wifi network, but as of Android 13 (and possibly earlier) they require location permissions and location to be on all the time. This is because to get the WiFi SSID requires location permissions.

For Automate, the flow “Are you in a specific place” by Francois d’Arundel creates calendar events whenever you connect/disconnect from a specific wifi network.

If anyone knows of a way to track time spent at home without using location/GPS, I would love to know.