I’d like to recommend to this community my new iPhone app which is 100% dedicated to tracking one’s location @ 100% privacy.
PS. Interested to get your feedback.
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/retrotrack/id778844022
Google Latitude (discontinued) substitute, just better.
Tracks user position in the background all the time.
Visualize, review and export location history.
Location history in three views:
- Track on map.
- Statistics pie chart (locality, area, country).
- Trackpoint step through mode.
- Save, export (i.e. Evernote) and share location history.
- Track on map.
- Statistics pie chart.
- Simple intuitive user interface.
- Care free reliable tracking background mode.
- Tracking works offline, no internet required.
- 3 modes for retrospective review of location history (track, track point, statistics).
- 100% private data.
- Tracking data of user’s location history stay on device only.
- 100% control via iOS location settings.
- Servers are not and will never be contacted.
- Record location tracking in background.
- Minimum battery power consumption footprint during background location tracking.
- Low database memory footprint as only significant location changes are recorded.
- No internet connection required for location tracking (cellular required).
- Select time frame for track among several predefined options for map.
- Autosize map to include all track points by rotation.
- Adjust map borders and zoom level manually.
- Works in both landscape and portrait to accommodate best to track shape.
- Tap to enter trackpoint step through mode to review location history on the map including location names.
- Long press to enter statistics mode, providing an overview of location history. Also export features are available for this mode.
- Location monitoring in background is associated with higher power consumption.
- The technology used reduced it to a minimum.
- With the typical normal daily power recharge you will not feel any negative impact by Retrotrack.
- The technology for location monitoring applied is limited to an accuracy and tracking frequency.
- It is defined by destances between cell towers, and might vary depending on local conditions.