Offline personal survey app

As an update to various posts several years ago:

Is there an offline personal survey app with the following features I originally described in a StackExchange post:

I would like to monitor my mood over time. Basically, I want an app that lets me create a questionnaire that I can take as many times as I want during a day and export the results.

As inputs, I expect to be able to select:

• Sliding bar
  • Radio buttons or Drop-downs
  • Free form text box

I expect to be able to export the data to a text file for later analysis.

There are tons of offline survey creators available, however is there a simple one that completes these basic tasks? I’m fine with paying for it.

Related Apps

• T2 Mood Tracker: Allows for sliding-only inputs. Although data export is possible, it’s unclear on how to read the binary export file.
  • Track Your Happiness: Doesn’t allow for customized questions.

Related Questions

There is a related question “Android app to ask me questions randomly during the day”, however the difference is:

• I don’t need random interval notifications, since I will use Randomly RemindMe for that purpose.
  • I want a fixed set of questions I can answer, not a question selected randomly from a set.

I can imagine why this doesn’t exist at a price range of less than 20$/month. Specifically:

• Feature creep could make the app annoying to maintain
  • Data storage can be expensive
  • Cross-platform mobile dev tools (i.e. Flutter and React) have only recently become usable
1 Like

I’m looking for a similar thing (and am hoping to decide on something in the next week or so, so I’ll write an update when I decide!). I started from this journal article that has a table that assess a bunch of apps by different qualities: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5977660/

I’m going through these at the moment.

I’ve also found one called Reporter: http://www.reporter-app.com/

It’s a one time payment of $3.99 that looks very customizable and exportable. Are you looking specifically for an android phone?

Let me know what you decide on!

2 Likes

Thanks for the great reference! Unfortunately, I’m currently using an Android phone, so I wouldn’t be able to use Reporter. However, I’ll update this thread if I do find an app that works for me.

Great, I’ll do the same!

I’ve found Memento Database helpful for a quite similar use case.

for a couple suggestions and please add here when you find more. Also