Omnier.com - New API Aggregator

Hi Everyone,

I just signed up for the forum although I’m a long time member of QS community. I built some free tools and organize our monthly QS meetup here in Austin, TX.
Over the years, I built other QS tools for personal use that could have been shared with others. Unfortunately, it can get too complicated quickly because accessing data from multiple providers requires a lot of repetitive work. Even dealing with one data provider can be painful as the APIs are usually not developer friendly.

As a result I started working on Fitness API aggregator service, much like Validic and HumanAPI but caters to the free/hobbist market. The aim is to make it as simple as possible to make free fitness apps without building or hosting massive infrastructure. As part of making QS more accessible, I plan to support more affordable tracking devices.

I’m still figuring out how to make the pricing both affordable and sustainable. I can promise that it will stay free forever for any open source application.

I’d love to hear what you think about the project. If you have any suggestion or feedback, especially about features you’d want to see next, please let me know.

Thanks,
Gal Tsubery

1 Like

I’d love to see you incorporate the sleep data from fitbit — i see steps are coming soon, that is a good one too.

2 Likes

Just a quick update, I added support from step count tracking from various providers.
Hope you’ll find it useful.
Gal.

1 Like

Working on an API access to emFit here - I could provide sample code.

What languages are you developing in?

1 Like

Omnier is written in Elixir. Ruby or Javascript examples would work fine too.

1 Like

Great - working in python, will send on when done.

It’s an extension of a script Eric wrote:

1 Like

Note that Emfit still doesn’t have an official API. I don’t think they mind too much if a couple of people use scripts to retrieve their own data, but you need to talk to them before providing access to their API through a public service. Also, because they don’t support OAuth or API tokens, you would have to store people’s passwords on your servers, which generally isn’t a good thing…

2 Likes